+ Reply to Thread

Question Putting i760 in cradle blitzes my PC graphics output.

Anyone else seeing this? If my i760 is powered on or in just screen-off mode, and I connect it to the cradle, the screen on my desktop PC suddenly goes black and monitor reports no signal. Moving the mouse or dinking a key on keyboard doesn't bring it back. In fact, the only way I have found to bring it back is to hard reboot the desktop PC. Has anyone else seen this behavior? It is very reproducible on my PC running Windows XP MCE. My current work-around is to completely power down the i760. Connect to cradle and then power it back on. Inconvenient, yes--but not as much so as having to hard reboot the PC if I forget. Any better solution would be greatly appreciated.

Crickets............chirping.....

Well, today I had the i760 powered completely down. The instant the i760 made contact in the cradle, PC screen goes completely dead. Guess I don't have a workaround. I may try hooking screen to old VGA inputs instead of DVI and see if that makes a diff. Bummer to have to reboot PC every time I want to use the cradle to sync. or charge unit.

This is clearly not normal.

Do you have this problem with the cable too, or just the cradle?

Is your charging cable connected to the cradle? If so, try the cradle without the charger.

Also, try connecting the phone to the cradle first, and then connect the USB cable from the cradle to the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by buxleyp View Post
    This is clearly not normal.

Do you have this problem with the cable too, or just the cradle?

Is your charging cable connected to the cradle? If so, try the cradle without the charger.

Also, try connecting the phone to the cradle first, and then connect the USB cable from the cradle to the computer.
    You have an excellent, logical mind. I'll try those suggestions tonight.

Smile

Unplugged power to cradle. Turned off device & placed in cradle. Turned on device and synced with no problems. Then plugged power cable back into cradle. No problems so far.

Using sync cable only there is no problem.
    Next time I will try unplugging sync cable from cradle, then plugging it back in once device is seated in cradle.
    Thanks for the suggestions.