+ Reply to Thread

What is your Data usage a month?

I have been on the fence for getting a data plan for about a year now and am getting tired of having a crippled phone. So I call VZW and my choice for data are Pay as you go, 10mb for 24.95,and unlimited for 44.95. I was wondering what everyone using data averaged a month. Like how much is 10mb on a cell phone? Any help is much appreciated.

I had mine less than 4 weeks and hit about 8mb. I noticed I was at 7mb with about 12 days left so I almost quit using the internet unless I could hook up with the WiFi. I'm prety sure I will need to change to unlimited shortly if I realy want to enjoy the phone. It gets expensive if you go over that 10mb.

I have had a PDA style phone for a few years. I have always used the unlimited data plan. I use it to download from my Gmail account and have it set up to sync with my server in the office. I really don't use Internet Explorer that much but do use Google Maps occasionally. My current usage is around 120 to 150 mb per month.

I just use open access points, they're everywhere, except at work!

Hobby of the week-aholic
    If you'll be doing any web surfing you'll want the unlimited.

Take this page for instance... including all the images this page is about 395kb. Of course you'll only need to download the images once then they'll be cached but if you view pages this size often, then after about 25 pages loaded you'll be at your 10M limit. Of course web pages vary drastically in size but just using this one as an example.

+edit+
    I just realize that that 395kb was not this page, but page one of the i760 camera Rant thread. Anyway, still gives you food for thought.
    Last edited by Vitticeps; 11-25-2007 at 05:09 PM.

Really depends on what you're doing with you're phone. I just did a hard reset on my TyTN II on 11/19, and I've already eaten 19.1MB of data usage. A typical day for me is around 2MB, a heavy one around 7-10.

All depends on what you're doing.

I download a bunch of podcasts with a program called Newsbreak. I used 2.6 gig last month. I think I am fine with that as it is about half of VZW's "unlimited" 5 gig. I listen to podcasts almost all the time I am driving. I use a player called pocket player and their DSP Stretch plug in to listen to them 25 to 40% faster. I know, REALLY geekie.