+ Reply to Thread

How do I play .3g2 (3GPP) camcorder videos on the PC?

How can I play the .3g2 videos from my camcorder on Windows Media Player 11 on my PC? Is there a codec I can install? Is there a video converter? Is there another player I need to install?

Thank you for your help?
    i760 (i730 upgrader)

I got the .3g2 files to play in QuickTime. I would like to get them to play in WMP11.
    i760 (i730 upgrader)

Hobby of the week-aholic
    It is possible to play 3gp files in WMP but you need a codec to support it.
    Try this one

But your best bet is to just convert it to an .avi or .mpg
    A quick google search for 3gp converters will give you plenty of options here.

Quicktime is the only major player I know of that will play 3gp's "out of the box".

I believe VLC (Video Lan Client) will also play the files natively.

i tried googling, but found only shareware or buy-ware. any one find a freeware app for this conversion?

Quote Originally Posted by daverose808 View Post
    i tried googling, but found only shareware or buy-ware. any one find a freeware app for this conversion?
    This link is in the 3rd post above:

Free-Codecs.com :: Guides : An easy way to play 3GP files
    i760 (i730 upgrader)

Are there any 3rd party camera applications that record video to a different codec?

I'd much rather host videos on the web rather than send it to a few people who have capable cell phones.

that link seems to provide only an easy way to play the file, not convert it, right?

Therapeutically Converged jstengel's Avatar

Playing and converting 3P2 extension files

Here's what I know now. The specifications on the Samsung website do not contain any mention of the video capture format which is 3P2. This format will play directly in Real Player which is free. If Samsung was really thinking about how much fun this phone could be they might include a converter or editor so we could shoot with the phone, edit and share our clips. Kewl. The closest I've gotten so far is to download SUPER from eRightSoft . I able to easily produce video of various formats from my 3P2's but I have yet to lick the audio problem, which is that I cannot get the audio to sync with the video. It comes out way too fast. i.e. It is Alvin and the Chipmunks and the video plays at normal speed while the audio finishes way ahead. As SUPER seems like it should do the trick, for the right price, (free) I am going to stick with it and continue to post here in hopes of sharing some helpful info. I've tried the ffdshow CODECS and can't yet get them to work in WMP, and, I tried the "Japanese" 3GP converter, but that converts TO 3G2, which is not what I am trying to do. I'll be back...