+ Reply to Thread

how to install rlToday

OK im pretty new to the pda phone thing and i want to install rlToday to make some custom skins...but i have no idea how to and all the other threads assume that i know what im doing...can anyone help a newbie?

After you install it, click and hold down and click options, select your skin, and under apps, you will have to create applications that map both icon and program address to the cooresponding ones on skin. you'll have to do a little bit of testing here and there to get it right. the rltoday forum would be a helpful place to go.

Quote Originally Posted by hankpunk View Post
    After you install it, ...
    Kinda missing the mark, eh? He says that he doesn't know how to install it!!

Quote Originally Posted by laxman3722 View Post
    OK im pretty new to the pda phone thing and i want to install rlToday to make some custom skins...but i have no idea how to and all the other threads assume that i know what im doing...can anyone help a newbie?
    The installation steps differ depending on what file you downloaded (zip vs. cab):

If you downloaded the zip file, your first step will be to unzip the file on your PC (be sure to note where you're unzipping the file to!). The unzipped file should contain a cab file; copy it to your i760. Finally, run the cab file on your i760.

If you downloaded the cab file, copy it to your i760 and run it.

I don't think that there is an installer for rlToday, but if there was, you'd download it to your PC, unzip it (if necessary), and run it on your PC with your i760 connected via ActiveSync.

Note, the rlToday author's page has installation instructions, here.

And in general, this is a very helpful guide for program installation.

how do you install skins? I ;ve downloaded some pre-made ones...i just don't know which directory to put all the little files in...