+ Reply to Thread

Thread: i760 and a Mac?

i760 and a Mac?

I'm contemplating an iMac. 24" model looks too hard to resist.

Can anyone offer any insight as to compatibility/functionality between the i760 and a mac?

Missing Sync for Windows Mobile (MarkSpace) is a fantastic program, but was not compatible with the new Leopard operating system...they are in the process fixing it, I was told by reps it could be a few more weeks yet.

I'm not sure why, but when I plugged my i760 USB into my Mac, the Mac doesn't even recognize it. Perhaps I need additional software? I'm just getting back to the Mac after many years of being on Windows only.

I am very happy using Missing Sync with my i760 and the Mac with 10.4.11.

Maybe it is WM6 but I have experienced none of the sync problems I used to have with WM5 and Outlook on Windows - like duplicate or missing appointments and contacts, refusing to connect, etc. I was cautious at first - only letting MS overwrite the contacts and appointments on the device but now I am comfortable with full syncing.

Also I have found that ActiveSync works very well with XP Pro running under Parallels on the Mac. I use it only for installation - no syncing.

I too am waiting for MS to work with 10.5 before upgrading.

Frank

Missing Sync has a beta that works with Leopard very well. The only thing you can't do is mount the device. Other then that I have had no problems.

My desktop(s) is also unix, although it is Solaris. I can run windows under emulation, just like you can under parallels on your Mac, but what do you need to sync? Even under windows it wont sync anything because i'm not using outlook. My email is on a server, so all is good there.

Need to load a bunch of large files on the micro SD card? I just put it in my USB reader and it shows up automatically, mounted under /media. You can do the same on the Mac.

Francois

Quote Originally Posted by fdion View Post
    My desktop(s) is also unix, although it is Solaris. I can run windows under emulation, just like you can under parallels on your Mac, but what do you need to sync? Even under windows it wont sync anything because i'm not using outlook. My email is on a server, so all is good there.

Need to load a bunch of large files on the micro SD card? I just put it in my USB reader and it shows up automatically, mounted under /media. You can do the same on the Mac.

Francois
    I use SplashID and need to have ActiveSync on Windows to sync that and I use ActiveSync to install apps which are only available as .exe files. Otherwise, all is good on the Mac.

Frank

I have no issues using the USB connection, however, I can't get Missing Sync to establish a bluetooth connection to my PowerBook. I am running 10.4.11. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!!!!

Try SyncMate -- it's free, Cocoa, and works great with my i760.

Anyone know how to use the 760 as a modem with a macbook pro?
    I started with a Psion Organizer in 1987!

my wife has a macbook and I have successfully used my 760 as a modem on it using the wmwifirouter....its amazing...we can use both mine and her laptop connecting to my 760......I love that program...
    I want the storm and I want it now!