+ Reply to Thread

Connect from road w/ NetFront LocationFree player

Hello,

Has anyone used this program? I can watch TV if connected to the LocationFree station directly, but not through Verizon's network. I can connect from the road w/ my PSP or laptop, so the NetAV is configured properly. Any advice is appreciated!

You got it to work? I had this program running great on my i730 but couldn't get it to run on the i760. Kept crashing out of the program everytime I try to connect.

The program's website said they have no intent to support WM6.

I have no problem installing/running the program, and I can connect if I use the base station's Wi-Fi w/ my phone. So it does work, there is just some problem connecting from an external network (which of course is the whole point!)

Is there anything special you had to do w/ the i730 to get it to connect on the road?

Weird... do you have it installed to memory or the card?

On the i730 I didn't do anything special, just registered it per instructions. One thought is to make sure that when you register it you are connecting over the Verizon network and not through WiFi. Only thing I can think of.

Not sure why the program will run on your phone but not mine. Odd...
    It's been quite a trip! Handspring Visor Deluxe - Palm m515 - Kyocera 7135 - Samsung i730 - Samsung i760

Maybe it's a newer version? Mine is 2.01. I only have Sbp Pocket Plus installed (other than the stock software), so maybe something else you have is causing some conflict?

I have it installed to the memory directly- don't even have a card in. When I register, I thought I had to be connected to the base station's wifi directly- no? If not, I'm not sure how to register the device, because that's the only way that worked for me.

Part of our confusion may come from the fact that I have the full LocationFree system with the TV, do you have that as well or just the base station?

I think the registration process is slightly different with the TV (there are steps you take on the TV side along with the phone).

I'll have to check my version to see if I'm using 2.0 or 2.01.
    It's been quite a trip! Handspring Visor Deluxe - Palm m515 - Kyocera 7135 - Samsung i730 - Samsung i760

Do you have the one of the newer locationfree units the LF-B10 or LF-B20? They will automatically register you with the dynamic DNS service(This will allow your PDA to find the unit even if the IP changes), and should be written on the box it came in.

If you have a previous model, you can register on several websites for a free Dynamic DNS service.. They should give you a link in the instructions.
    Last edited by 31kE; 11-26-2007 at 08:12 AM.

Had one of the older models, so I registered for the DDNS via ChangeIP.com- wasn't working at first, but started working this afternoon, so I have it up and running. Thanks for all the help!

Only issue I have now is that my cable box is a Pioneer DVR. The FF/RW buttons are there, but there is no "List" button to go to the recorded programs. I'm sure it's a longshot, but if anyone knows a way to customize a remote, I'd be set.

Will give this one bump for a shot- thanks for all the help!