+ Reply to Thread

Hiding the windows icon (start menu)?

I've just gotten this past wednesday my i760. I've been using Windows CE since the Jornada, pocket PC since original iPaq, which is when it started to look less ugly for me, but only with my own theme. Also Axim, and due to work, vx6600 and vx6700. Couldn't really use any of these to actually be even part time laptop or even phone replacements (but hey I'm not giving up, trying this time with the i760 - battery life is already a huge improvement over anything I've used before).

Many addons came and went. Those that stayed were few. I had Scott's launcher, then td and in the past few years cLaunch. Been carrying my plain theme since windows ce/mobile/whatever has been themable. Since I've only had a few minutes to play with the phone to customise it, I just used the default icons, and just put a few random apps in there, but in the next week or so I want to put my custom icons back on it.

Tried wisbar, a few times, i just didn't like it. First of all, it messes up the clean look of my theme. Although, there is 1 feature I like, to customize the start menu icon (or hide it).

If you look at my theme below, I'd like to hide the windows icon on the top left. The start menu will show if I hit the windows button on the side of the phone, so no need to use taskbar real estate which i can use to have a task manager button, yet still have that open feel. BTW, my black theme never looked as good as on the i760. Even the black Axim couldn't do it justice like the i760 does.

Apparently, there is a registry hack to do this, anybody has a pointer to such?

Francois
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hiding the windows icon (start menu)?-sshot002.jpg  

Since this is not specific to the i760, maybe there is a better section to ask this?