+ Reply to Thread

Possible to change Bluetooth device name?

Somehow, my i760 is named after... me. That is, the device name when discovered by other Bluetooth devices is my full name, eg "Jeff Sanders".

I can see this same name under Bluetooth Settings -> "My Info" -> "Device Name", but it is not for editing there.

Is there somewhere I can edit it? Seems like an odd choice for a device name. After all, what if I have two of them? I'd rather name it after the device.

I never picked this name manually, so it must be the default assignment somehow from the Owner Info, or perhaps Contact VCard. Any guesses?

Quote Originally Posted by Ground Loop View Post
    Somehow, my i760 is named after... me. That is, the device name when discovered by other Bluetooth devices is my full name, eg "Jeff Sanders".

I can see this same name under Bluetooth Settings -> "My Info" -> "Device Name", but it is not for editing there.

Is there somewhere I can edit it? Seems like an odd choice for a device name. After all, what if I have two of them? I'd rather name it after the device.

I never picked this name manually, so it must be the default assignment somehow from the Owner Info, or perhaps Contact VCard. Any guesses?
    As best as I can tell, it's picking it up from the Owner Info, which is weird. One would think it would pick up the info from the Device name selected in the About control panel.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)