+ Reply to Thread

Text message time stamp is way off?

I haven't seen this addressed before and I couldn't find anything via the search...

Have any of you had problems with the times listed on your text messages being way off? I think mine is behind something like 5 hours.

The clock on my phone is right, so any idea what is screwing up the text time stamps?

I had this happening to me also. Go into the phone dialer, Click Menu and go to Options. Then click on Services and select networks and then click on "Change Settings" Make sure the Time Setting is on Auto. Mine was on Manual and as soon as I changed it the problem was resolved for the next incoming message.

Also make sure it's not because of the different time zones people are in that you are texting.

Quote Originally Posted by louderjw View Post
    I had this happening to me also. Go into the phone dialer, Click Menu and go to Options. Then click on Services and select networks and then click on "Change Settings" Make sure the Time Setting is on Auto. Mine was on Manual and as soon as I changed it the problem was resolved for the next incoming message.
    I was really hoping this was going to work... I set mine to manual back when the time changed because it wasn't updating correctly. However, I just changed it to auto and my new texts are still exactly 6 hours early on the time stamp.

Everybody that text's me is in the same time zone, so I don't think that is the issue either.

Thanks for the help though.

Quote Originally Posted by kim. View Post
    I was really hoping this was going to work... I set mine to manual back when the time changed because it wasn't updating correctly. However, I just changed it to auto and my new texts are still exactly 6 hours early on the time stamp.

Everybody that text's me is in the same time zone, so I don't think that is the issue either.

Thanks for the help though.
    I'm pretty sure that manual/auto thing is the fix. I also had the same problem and then switched back to auto and it fixed it. I don't think it happens instantly tho. You may have to wait for the phone to do the auto update. Also try a soft reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja4Hire View Post
    I'm pretty sure that manual/auto thing is the fix. I also had the same problem and then switched back to auto and it fixed it. I don't think it happens instantly tho. You may have to wait for the phone to do the auto update. Also try a soft reset.
    The soft reset did it! Thanks guys.