+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    10-18-2006
    Posts
    127

    Text message time stamp is way off?

    I haven't seen this addressed before and I couldn't find anything via the search...

    Have any of you had problems with the times listed on your text messages being way off? I think mine is behind something like 5 hours.

    The clock on my phone is right, so any idea what is screwing up the text time stamps?

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    10-28-2007
    Location
    Billings, MT
    Posts
    40
    I had this happening to me also. Go into the phone dialer, Click Menu and go to Options. Then click on Services and select networks and then click on "Change Settings" Make sure the Time Setting is on Auto. Mine was on Manual and as soon as I changed it the problem was resolved for the next incoming message.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    10-18-2007
    Posts
    83
    Also make sure it's not because of the different time zones people are in that you are texting.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    10-18-2006
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by louderjw View Post
    I had this happening to me also. Go into the phone dialer, Click Menu and go to Options. Then click on Services and select networks and then click on "Change Settings" Make sure the Time Setting is on Auto. Mine was on Manual and as soon as I changed it the problem was resolved for the next incoming message.
    I was really hoping this was going to work... I set mine to manual back when the time changed because it wasn't updating correctly. However, I just changed it to auto and my new texts are still exactly 6 hours early on the time stamp.

    Everybody that text's me is in the same time zone, so I don't think that is the issue either.

    Thanks for the help though.

  5. #5
    Registered Ninja Ninja4Hire's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-24-2007
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by kim. View Post
    I was really hoping this was going to work... I set mine to manual back when the time changed because it wasn't updating correctly. However, I just changed it to auto and my new texts are still exactly 6 hours early on the time stamp.

    Everybody that text's me is in the same time zone, so I don't think that is the issue either.

    Thanks for the help though.
    I'm pretty sure that manual/auto thing is the fix. I also had the same problem and then switched back to auto and it fixed it. I don't think it happens instantly tho. You may have to wait for the phone to do the auto update. Also try a soft reset.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    10-18-2006
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja4Hire View Post
    I'm pretty sure that manual/auto thing is the fix. I also had the same problem and then switched back to auto and it fixed it. I don't think it happens instantly tho. You may have to wait for the phone to do the auto update. Also try a soft reset.
    The soft reset did it! Thanks guys.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts