+ Reply to Thread

Thumbs down Frequent Disconnects from "Windows Mobile Device Center"

I have been synchronizing my Samsung i760 with my Windows Vista laptop for a couple of weeks now. The main problem I've been having is the frequent disconnects.

Thus far, I have incorporated a couple of changes as suggested by many web sites to resolve such issue/s:
    1) Added several WMDC programs to the list of "Allowed" programs in my Norton Security program.
    2) Allowed many ports in Norton for in/out TCP/UDP access.

Anyone else having this issue? Any suggestions/findings is much appreciated.

tnx
    Feraidoon

i have had this same problem no idea of a fix. one thing i have done is keep the light on in the phone and it seems to stay connected. this is just a little annoying obviously not the right fix. please help

Are the disconnects interrupting a sync? Or are they disconnects after a sync completes and the phone goes to sleep?

If it's the former, you've got an issue that needs to be chased. If it's the latter, then the phone is going to sleep and that should be expected unless you can sync and charge at the same time.

I'm not trying to sync and charge at same time... just connected via the travel sync cable to Laptop's USB port. Sync does get interrupted whenever this disconnect occurs.

Is the i760 screen light ON/OFF really related to it's ability to sync at same time? I thought it was just a backlight...

Same here. Running on Vista. It's definitely NOT from the phone restarting. Just mid sync or while looking for an app to install, it just disconnects. Then I remove the USB, plug it back in and presto, connected. Real PITA.

That's luckier than it is for me. Most of the time after the disconnect, even if I disconnect/reconnect the USB it does NOT show up or sync until many minutes/hour later... Think there's some kind of ghost presence definitely annoying and forming anxiety.

In AS, turn on Verbose logging so that you can see any errors that occur during the sync under the "Status" selection. That might help focus the troubleshooting effort.

Well, it's on Vista, hence, "WMDC" running not AS. Where do you turn on verbose logging...?

Any Updates On This?

Are there any updates on this issue? I have Windows Vista 64 bit and the Samsung i760, and am experiencing this issue. I disabled the power option to turn the device off after a time, and disabled dimming the backlight. However when I plug in to sync, it disconnects after a few seconds (sometimes a minute). I can't even copy files to the SD card because it disconnects and leaves a partial file on the device. Any ideas on this?
    Last edited by Farenhe1t; 04-05-2008 at 10:32 PM.