+ Reply to Thread

Mapping of rltoday icons...

I updated my rltoday screen and I am using eight icons. Six of them work perfectly but I'm having trouble mapping the last two. The first goes to my games folder, (windows\start menu\games), but I cannot link the folder to the rl icon, I can only link to any one of the games within the folder. Is there a way to get around this? The other icon needs to be mapped to the wireless manager, but I'm not sure where the .exe file is located. Any help would be much appreciated.

I'm not sure you can map to a folder using RLToday. At least, I've never found a way to do it. The wireless manager is \Windows\wrlsmgr.exe.

WyldStar, thanks for the location. I mapped the wrlsmgr.exe, but it only seems to work once, then it won't open again. If I reset the phone it again only opens once. My other icons don't have an issue, and if I go into the connection settings, it opens time after time. I checked and re-loaded the xml file and still getting the same thing. For now, I guess I'll switch it out with another program.

I believe the reason you cannot use that button to start the connection manager twice is that it is already open. By default the "OK" button, or even the close button in the upper right hand corner, leaves an application running. When you press your button to start it again, WM6 decides not to start a duplicate process and unfortunately doesn't bring the currently running one to the front.

What is the way around this? Well you can install something like Pocket Plus which changes the functionality of the close icon to actually end the process instead of hide it. I have tested that on my phone and it works properly this way. Other than that I'm not sure what to tell you.

Also, regarding your games problem. I can't view into my phone right now so I cannot test this idea but here is what might work. Set the application spawned by the button to point to the file explorer (not sure what the exe file is atm). Then as a "Command" argument, pass the start menu folder location. In theory that should open up your list of shortcuts to your games. Of course this is all theory but it might work.