+ Reply to Thread

Anyone using PhoneAlarm and OBEX BT?

It seems when I install PhoneAlarm, I can no longer use OBEX to push files from my Mac or Windows systems to the phone until I do a hard reset. I have tried this a few times with different versions.

Has anyone else seen this, or can you test it with PhoneAlarm installed?

I haven't tried it, but I read somewhere (I think a PhoneAlarm site) that you need to Activate IR in the PA profile for it to work. I know we don't have IR, but for some reason the two are tied together, at least for PA purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by JDCJ View Post
    I haven't tried it, but I read somewhere (I think a PhoneAlarm site) that you need to Activate IR in the PA profile for it to work. I know we don't have IR, but for some reason the two are tied together, at least for PA purposes.
    I just looked at this, because I figured if I didn't make the change to activate IR now, when I was reading about it, I'd never remember that was the issue when something else wasn't working. Anyway, when you click on "Activate IR", in the Phone Alarm settings area, the description says "Enable the incoming Infra-red interface (also bluetooth file transfer!)"

So I'd say the Phone Alarm people are at least somewhat on top of this, and that JDCJ was dead on.

Quote Originally Posted by cybrwulf View Post
    It seems when I install PhoneAlarm, I can no longer use OBEX to push files from my Mac or Windows systems to the phone until I do a hard reset. I have tried this a few times with different versions.

Has anyone else seen this, or can you test it with PhoneAlarm installed?
    Here's the original post from Bruce regarding this issue: phoneAlarm & the i760.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

That did the trick! Thanks guys!