+ Reply to Thread

How to charge both batteries at once?

OK, at least the 760 comes with two batteries (most other PDA phones don't and the Blackberry Pearl 8130 I'm testing didn't). But they no longer include a friggin holster/case or a dang way to charge both batteries - WTF?

So I ordered a case (thanks to all who posted in the case thread) and I ordered a car charger, but it looks like the desktop charger doesn't have a slot for a second battery to charge - is this correct?

I could swear I read a thread (one of the 400 or so tonight) wherein MRailing explained the need for a travel charger with the desktop charger in order to charge both batteries (b/c the usb cable can't provide enough power for both).

What am I missing? Do I get dual battery charging for $39.95 or do I need to look elsewhere?

Thanks again - I'll stop asking questions for tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Miescha View Post
    OK, at least the 760 comes with two batteries (most other PDA phones don't and the Blackberry Pearl 8130 I'm testing didn't). But they no longer include a friggin holster/case or a dang way to charge both batteries - WTF?

So I ordered a case (thanks to all who posted in the case thread) and I ordered a car charger, but it looks like the desktop charger doesn't have a slot for a second battery to charge - is this correct?

I could swear I read a thread (one of the 400 or so tonight) wherein MRailing explained the need for a travel charger with the desktop charger in order to charge both batteries (b/c the usb cable can't provide enough power for both).

What am I missing? Do I get dual battery charging for $39.95 or do I need to look elsewhere?

Thanks again - I'll stop asking questions for tonight.
    The desktop charger CAN simultaneously charge the battery connected to the i760 plus a spare battery.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

I figured as much - I just wanted confirmation before ordering.

Dang I wish the power pins were the same as the 730 - I have at least 5 of the 730 dual desktop chargers sitting around (at least two have never been used).

I better start selling that stuff before it is worthless!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    Looks like I waited too long already

PDA Phone Newbie
    Was difficult enough for me to get a car charger because its all proprietary or something!

Who has the best deal (free shipping? disocunt coupon?) on this right now?

I got my desktop cradle at the Verizon Company store I deal with. They said they wouldn't be stocking them instore, but they placed the order and it shipped to me in 2 days. The salesman gave me a 12 dollar discount, cost me 27 bucks including shipping.

Miescha,

Something I didn't see mentioned but I could have sworn I read. The desktop cradle for the i760 does require the AC adapter to charge....if it's just connected to the USB cable it only acts a sync cradle and not a charger. So if you plan to charge with the cradle and at another location, you would need 2 AC adapters.

I'm not 100% sure on this, maybe someone else can confirm....

Quote Originally Posted by rckymtnrfc View Post
    Miescha,

Something I didn't see mentioned but I could have sworn I read. The desktop cradle for the i760 does require the AC adapter to charge....if it's just connected to the USB cable it only acts a sync cradle and not a charger. So if you plan to charge with the cradle and at another location, you would need 2 AC adapters.

I'm not 100% sure on this, maybe someone else can confirm....
    It does require AC charger, I'm just using the one that came with the phone.

Question Extended battery

Does the Phone fit in desktop charger when the extended battery is used?

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Pritchard View Post
    Does the Phone fit in desktop charger when the extended battery is used?
    Yes it does. The connection point can actually tilt out to accommodate the phone with the extended battery.

The cradle will also tilt 90 degrees to enable keyboard use while in the cradle.

Awesome - thanks everyone! I'm off to order a cradle and extra AC charger.

Cool Thank you

Thanks everyone for the response.

I too have ordeed the cradle.

Would one of the Sync and Charge cables work with the cradle?

Quote Originally Posted by robgora View Post
    Would one of the Sync and Charge cables work with the cradle?
    Nope. You must use the USB cable that comes with the cradle; it has a proprietary connector. However, you can always use a sync and charge cable (such as the one made by Pocket Solutions) without the cradle to achieve the same results.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

Anyone else have any luck finding the charging cradle anyplace other than Verizon? My verizon store told me that there wasn't even a cradle or belt clip available for the 760...... knuckle-heads!! When I told them I read on a forum that someone bought from a V store, the rep quickly retorted "well, maybe in other markets, but not down here!"

OK I thought I would resurrect this thread... as IProb8 closed the Combo-Sync-Charge Cradle Thread. So who has bought one and from where? How much and what do you think of it? I starting to shopping for one again cause I really didn't like the offering from Vzw:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...essoryId=30603
    for $40, I believe this one has only a USB connector for charging and syncing and you must provide the travel charger that came with the phone to charge the secondary battery. If I recall someone mentioned it pivots to allow the phone display in landscape.

There's this one from our own PDAPhoneHome store (care of Mobi products)
    PDAPhone.com for $25...But from what I can tell it requires the travel adapter as well to charge the spare battery.

And now there is one from Orion Gadgets (released in june0
    Samsung i760 USB Sync & Charge Cradle (with AC Charger) (w/ 2nd battery support) | OrionGadgets.com

for $23. It includes an AC charger and Mini USB cord. So I don't have to use my travel charger. I use my travel charger in my car for a car charge.
    Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

I bought one online. I can't recall where but I didn't have to use another charger or anything like that. I just plug it in and it charges both batteries

Quote Originally Posted by aadam101 View Post
    I bought one online. I can't recall where but I didn't have to use another charger or anything like that. I just plug it in and it charges both batteries
    Which one? can you provide a link?
    Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

I believe both of those third party chargers are available at Amazon.com, and both have poor reviews (but good prices). I'd really like a compact solution for charging a spare battery on the road, but I was scared off by the comments.