+ Reply to Thread

clean screen safely

I know this is not i760 specific but on my i730 i messed up the touch screen (gave it the bell curve) by trying to meticulously clean around the edges. I guess the sweat and pocket lint take their toll.

SO... what is the best way to clean the screen without applying too much pressure. especially around the edges. just a lens cloth or maybe some kind of solvent/ cleaner/ something that evaporates quickly.

I love my phone . blows away the i730. and I just want to keep the screen all shiny and new..

i dont really like the look of the screen protectors. i had one on my treo and it never really fit perfect and still collected dirt around the edges anyway.
    Last edited by RGSEKULA; 11-28-2007 at 01:30 PM.

I've only had the i760 for a few weeks but I've had touch screen PDA/Phones for several years now. I typically use one of those cloths made for cleaning eye glasses or even camera lenses. They typically don't require alot of pressure to get the job done.

I second that. Those little shammys work like a charm. Do wonders for your lcd monitor as well.

For all new users it would be best to clean you screen with a piece of 120 grit sandpaper and some bleach. Keep rubbing until all dirt is removed..

Just kidding, more then ever I am finding my self using some hot breath and the bottom of my t-shirt I am wearing. Seems to do the trick

Make sure not to use paper products, e.g., tissues, toilet paper, paper towels, as these are still abrasive on a smaller level. Most decent wipes for eyeglasses, even disposable wipes, are usually okay.

I use a screen protecot, so I son't worry as much, and just use the bottom of a soft cotton t-shirt.

Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ryncppr View Post
    For all new users it would be best to clean you screen with a piece of 120 grit sandpaper and some bleach. Keep rubbing until all dirt is removed..

Just kidding, more then ever I am finding my self using some hot breath and the bottom of my t-shirt I am wearing. Seems to do the trick
    lol!!!!!!!

It is so ture.
    I find my self using a portion of my shirt.
    I mean really I think some of you go too far ......it's a phone for crying out loud.........lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_A_K View Post
    lol!!!!!!!

......it's a phone for crying out loud.........lol

i didnt think my query was that retarded.

i guess spit and t-shirt it is

or the lens cloth
    Treo 650 -> Samsung i730 -> Samsung i760 -> Samsung Omnia i910
    Hillsdale College- educating for liberty w/o any fed. funding.

Quote Originally Posted by ryncppr View Post

ryncppr,

I had to read your post again. And I'm still LMAO!

Thanks

Mark

a little breath and the bottom of a cotton t-shirt does the trick for me. Same thing I use to clean cd's and its never caused any damage to those!

If I'm going casual at work, I use the bottom of the shirt method. However, if I'm dressed formal and don't want to yank my shirt out of my pants, I use my tie. It doesn't work quite as well as the shirt, but does the job in a pinch.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

I get 2 cotton balls. Dab one in some rubbing alcohol and wipe. It cleans very well. I wipe the excess (which is not much as a lot of it evaporates) with the other ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_A_K View Post
    ryncppr,

I had to read your post again. And I'm still LMAO!

Thanks

Mark
    well at least someone is very easily amused .
    Treo 650 -> Samsung i730 -> Samsung i760 -> Samsung Omnia i910
    Hillsdale College- educating for liberty w/o any fed. funding.

Quote Originally Posted by RGSEKULA View Post
    well at least someone is very easily amused .
    Come on didn't anyone else think that was really funny?

I thought it was funny... may be too much information if it was the front of the T-shirt or the back of the T-shirt. Crack juice and groin juice would not help the screen.
    iPhone 3G, 16GB, Black
    iPhone 3G, 16GB, White

Mark, I'm with you. I loved the humorous answer.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

I use LCD cleaner which is stocked at work for cleaning my screen. It works fine. It's the same cleaners that come w/ some of the screen protectors.
    Thanks
    - Andrew - PDAPhoneHome.com