+ Reply to Thread

I'm new to PocketPc's....i need some help with customization!

Hello. I am new to PocketPc's, and i purchased a Samsung SCH i-760 a couple weeks ago...i've been looking through threads to try to find out how to customize my today screen, but i cannot understand it.

I would like to customize my today screen to look like the iphone today screen... or a couple other ways to make it look "cool" in general.
    I was wondering if someone could explain to me what to download, where to download it, and how to customize it to be like an iphone, or just "cool" in general.

Thanks in advance

Sorry for the double post...
    I also like the slide to unlock feature
    i would like to know where to download that, and how to donwload that...
    and how to change the background picture...
    thanks in advance

All of the information you are requesting is covered in this forum. Maybe you should do a simple search instead of asking people to spend there precious time doing this for you and laying it all out in one simple how to tailored just for you.

The problem is i found all the threads, and when i try to duplicate what they do, it never works....
    i try to download the programs throught the links, but the links never work, and when they do when i finially download the software, i dont know how to install it. When i figure that out, and get it installed, i never know how to run it, or how to access it...
    I'm sorry for wasting your time....i hope someone could help me...
    by the way...i dont understand most of the high-tech stuff because im only 15....i know the basics and a little more, but i do not know how to manipulate things...

Don't sweat it. Some take for granted what they know.

Are you going to use a PC, then load it to your phone? Or just download straight to your phone?

1 word of advice. The first thing you should get is a backup program. I like Sprite Backup. Backup your bone stock phone, and if you have any problems, you can always hard reset and load the backup. Presto, good as new.

Many programs can be found at Handango – The Official Site: Downloads For Your Mobile Device
    I like them cause they log your order and if you lose the app you can get it back.

What's up dude, I'm new to PDA phones too and had no idea what I was doing before I joined this board. With a little patience, a lot of searching on here and google I was able to get everything I wanted done. It's not hard man you just gotta follow the step by step instructions. All the info is there you just gotta find it hope this helped!

Slide2Unlock2 (S2U2) - http://ac.xenpage.eu/S2U2-0.86-WM5.rar

Extract the .rar, and copy the .cab file to your i760 with ActiveSync. Open File Explorer on the i760 and navigate to where you saved the file and just double-tap on the file. It will begin to install and ask if you want to install to main memory or storage card. I think it is recommended that you install to main memory. After installation go to the "Programs" menu item and there will be a S2U2 folder, double-tap the "S2U2" program.

mayniac....how do you extract a .rar?
    the link doesnt work...

Marauder.45 - i am going to use my pc then active sync it to my phone...
    how do you set it up to look like an iphone...

I appreciate all of the answer's i have gotten here...thank you

Google a program called "WinRAR". Download and install it to decompress RAR archives.

Try posting your questions in each of the threads you have found. You should take this one application at a time, anyway.

BTW, the link above works fine.

i downloaded the winrar thing you said to....
    now i have no idea how to use that to put the slide to unlock on my phone...
    could someone help me step by step with that....
    thanks in advance
    also thank you guys for helping me

I hope you downloaded a backup program first.

Save yourself the headache. Have your apps on your pc. Hard Reset your phone and install a backup program. BACK UP YOUR FACTORY CLEAN PHONE.

THEN start messing with your apps. You will have problems, and you will wish you could just do over without the agony. That's what the fresh back up is for.

After you have installed an app and have no issues, back up that and restart from there. Once you get multiple apps on your phone, if you have problems you won't know what is causing it. As you add an app and it's stable, start your backup from there.

Go to the "Post your today screen" thread, somebody in there had a very iphone looking skin. Don't know what app it's from.

I think it might be wise to suggest finding a computer-savvy friend that can help you locally. While we can do a whole lot on the forums in terms of assistance, I think you need a bit more direct assistance to get comfortable with the platform. That's not a slam, just an observation.

Do you know anyone who can help you install an app like WinRAR on your PC and might be able to help you through getting the phone connected to your computer to install apps? Until you get over those hurdles, it's going to be difficult to provide much in the way of quality assistance.

I was able to understand how to download the winrar program
    but when i open the link with the winrar. i dont know how to copy the .cab file and place it on my phone