Closed Thread

Device sleeps during calls - issues pressing keypad buttons??

Anyone else seen this behavior?

I have noticed a problem that is particularly bad when I receive calls. The screen will darken after a few seconds which is normal for a smartphone.. but I've noticed that if I am sending or receiving a call that requires me to press a number (such as a automated attendant) that it takes several seconds for the keypress to register.. the screen has to light up again. Sometimes this causes me to timeout on the prompt. I know I can adjust the screen timeout but I don't want to have to keep the screen on all the time.

The problem worsens when I have to press '1'. For instance, all of my calls from work are forwarded to my phone with call screening, and I have to press '1' to accept the call. When I do so and the screen is dark, the phone acts like I held one down and it decides to place the caller on hold and brings me to voicemail. Quite irritating.

The way I have to go around this is I have to press the power button to light the screen up, and then press '1'.

I can add this one to the pile of "quirks" this device has. So far, can't sync with WMDC worth a darn; unit tends to hang for up to 30 seconds intermittantly, usually when I try to answer a call or press the Start button on the side.

And yes, I have done a hard reset and I have only a scarce few things installed (pocketputty, remote desktop, windows live search)

Your problem is what has been described in this thread:

Voice Mail commands trigger speed dial after power save mode (BUG?)

Thanks, JDCJ, for pointing Ender519 to the existing thread. I'm going to go ahead and close this one.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)