+ Reply to Thread

Quick questions on the useage of the Samsung i760

Couple questions I can't find answers for in the manual.

1. How when I am on a call, do I lock the screen? From time to time Ill end a call and see I must have opened an app with my cheek

2. When I have an app open, how do I minimize the app and return to the today page? Right now I am forced to close the app.

3. Any way to edit/shrink/remove the clock?
    Last edited by bodean; 11-29-2007 at 12:32 AM.

1. How when I am on a call, do I lock the screen? From time to time Ill end a call and see I must have opened an app with my cheek

Start->Settings->System->Power->Power Save

Change the default 10 seconds to 5 seconds for it to lock quicker. There might even be a registry edit to make this quicker e.g., 1 second, but you'll have to dig through the registry.

Another way to manually lock the screen on a call is to hit the top power button. This will lock and turn off the screen but allow you to continue your call.

2. When I have an app open, how do I minimize the app and return to the today page? Right now I am forced to close the app.

Hit the red "call end" button. Hitting the X in the upper right or hitting the "ok" button on the side of the phone also minimizes the app. It looks closed but if you go into task manager, you'll see that it is running in the background.

3. Any way to edit/shrink/remove the clock?

Start->Settings->Today->Items

Uncheck "Clock"

Thanks.

When the phone screen goes dark, is the only way to get the screen back on by pressing the power button on the top right of the phone?

It Depends...

Quote Originally Posted by bodean View Post
    Thanks.

When the phone screen goes dark, is the only way to get the screen back on by pressing the power button on the top right of the phone?
    If your question is a follow-on to the OP question about the screen going dark during a call, then the answer is that the screen will re-activate shortly after the call ends... you don't have to do anything. The same thing applies if you manually turn off the screen during a call; it will come back on shortly after you hang up.

However, if you've turned the screen off by using the power key at other times, then yes, you must press it again to turn the screen back on.