+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

AE Button Plus - post your configurations

What is your configuration?

I've gotten it to the point now that I can navigate one-handed without moving my fingers to the side buttons.

Left Softkey
    1-press: Left Softkey
    2-press: Start menu
    Long-press: Messages (Email app)

Right Softkey
    1-press: Right Softkey
    2-press: Task Manager
    Long-press: OK

Button 1 (Start Menu/VoiceCommand)
    1-press: Toggle BT
    Long-press: VoiceCommand

OK Button
    1-press: OK
    Long-press: Toggle WiFi

Volume Up
    1-press: Volume Up
    Long-press: Page Up

Volume Down
    1-press: Volume Down
    Long-press: Page Down
    Last edited by onlydarksets; 11-29-2007 at 10:52 AM.

Great thread, man!!

Not having used this program before, I was overwhelmed with the option available.

This is a great way to get the most out of the 760....keep the entries coming!!

page up/page down with one-click of volume rocker. Volume control with long presses. Only thing I've done yet, but I'm sold - very handy. Works in PIE and Outlooks message list, but will not page down within an individual email in outlook.

I will probably add a BT toggle to the camera button or maybe OK long press.

Thanks - I actually have that configured already, but forgot to post it. I've been using Opera Mini, so I don't need to use it too often.

GREAT THREAD!

Button 1: 1press = MemMaid Quick Clean , Long Press = Voice Command
    Center/D-Pad: 1press = Enter, 2press = Ok/Close, 3press =
    Power off device, LongPress = Create New Appointment with Pocket Informant 2007

Left Soft Key = 1press = Start Menu, Long press = Messaging/Email ( I use this when in portrait mode only since there is already a Messaging hard button in landscape mode),

I decided to use the Center/D-Pad as the most used button since I find that is the easiest button to locate especially in the dark.
    Last edited by mrpacs; 11-30-2007 at 02:55 PM.

I've been wanting to remap the CLR (clear) button to OK, but I saw where that also changes the backspace key on the keyboard. I want to be able to keep a backspace key. If I remapped the OK button on the slideout keyboard, would it change the side OK button also? If so, I guess I could use the envelope (button 3) as backspace. Hmm. Maybe I'll give it a try.

Pretty Good Member
    Yes, if you remap the OK button on the side that will also change the OK button on the keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by JDCJ View Post
    I've been wanting to remap the CLR (clear) button to OK, but I saw where that also changes the backspace key on the keyboard. I want to be able to keep a backspace key. If I remapped the OK button on the slideout keyboard, would it change the side OK button also? If so, I guess I could use the envelope (button 3) as backspace. Hmm. Maybe I'll give it a try.
    You can experiment with VJKeyPress to map CLR 1-press to delete and 2-press (or long-hold) to OK.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpacs View Post
    I decided to use the Center/D-Pad as the most used button since I find that is the easiest button to locate especially in the dark.
    I've posted this elsewhere, but I've had problems mapping any part of the D-pad. The mapping works fine, but it seems like the non-mapped portions of the D-pad get "confused" or will stop working entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by onlydarksets View Post
    I've posted this elsewhere, but I've had problems mapping any part of the D-pad. The mapping works fine, but it seems like the non-mapped portions of the D-pad get "confused" or will stop working entirely.
    No hiccups for me; I have only remapped the CENTER of the d-pad, however, not the up/dn/lft/rt.

I only mapped the center as well, but it still affected the up/down portions.

Pretty Good Member
    Quote Originally Posted by onlydarksets View Post
    I only mapped the center as well, but it still affected the up/down portions.
    I've remapped the center with double-click and hold as well up\down with hold, all without problems. What other programs are you running?

Nothing that maps buttons. I'll give it another try, because I think I had Spb PP installed at the time (although I had disabled the button mapping and Spb doesn't touch the d-pad).

Great thread idea! A few questions:

Which buttons are App Buttons 5 & 6

How can I map a button so that it opens only sms messaging or goes directly to sms inbox?

thanks in advanced!

Quote Originally Posted by Samsnug View Post
    How can I map a button so that it opens only sms messaging or goes directly to sms inbox?

thanks in advanced!
    Not sure if you can do this. I have the left soft key programmed upon long press to open the messaging menu. It does the same exact thing as when you press the envelope in landscape mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Samsnug View Post
    Great thread idea! A few questions:

Which buttons are App Buttons 5 & 6

thanks in advanced!
    You don't really need to do any mapping for this. Once you are in the "Select an Account" screen, tap "Menu" (right soft key), then "Options." Uncheck "Display account picker when opening Messaging," and it will thereafter go directly to your default messaging account.

I'm sure there is a way to map a button directly to an account if you still want to retain the messaging account picker default. PhoneAlarm skins do this so I am sure it can be done.

Pretty Good Member
    Here's a few guidelines I've used in re-mapping buttons.

Quick one-handed operation
    Some functions, like menus, immediately involve scrolling so it makes sense to map those to the D-pad center action button, where your thumb is already positioned to use the up/down/right/left functions of the D-pad. So I mapped Task Manager and Start menu to the action button of the D-pad. It's nice to run Task Manager off the D-pad action button since horizontal scrolling is right there and that allows you to switch to or close individual programs and the hard button for the right soft key (lol) is also right there if you want to close all programs. The Start menu also contains several of my PIE Favories (since my most used programs are mapped to other hard buttons) so I click on a Favorite website and PIE opens to that site.

Landscape operation without opening keyboard
    This phone makes a good landscape video or slide show viewer or landscape browser. To optimize this use, I've remapped single clicks on the #1 and OK button to correspond to the left and right soft keys directly below them. Of course another button rotates the screen. I do not use AE Button Plus to rotate the screen, however, since it does not re-orientate the up/down/left/right funtionality of the outer ring of the D-pad. Therefore I used the WMOS to remap the #2 camera button to rotate the screen since it also automatically reorientates the d-pad.

PgUp/PgDn
    I hate scrolling one link at a time so I need to have PgUp/PgDn functionality, which is missing even from the slide-out keyboard on the i760. My D-pad still does up/down on clicks, but I've mapped PgUp/PgDn to long presses of the up and down sections of the d-pad. When I really want to scroll fast, the volume rockers have PgUp/PgDn on single clicks that repeat. There's an option in AE Button Plus that still allows the volume rockers to function as volume controls when I'm on a call. Core Player and Windows Media Player have better volume controls linked to the d-pad. There's a whole thread devoted to PgUp/PgDn if you're interested in other approaches.

Hope someone finds this helpful.

Thanks for the info!

Red Button:
    - 1 Press; Nothing
    - 2 Press; Red Button (hang up)
    - Long Press: Doesn't work, for some reason.

That right there is worth the price of admission. No more accidental hangups.

Quote Originally Posted by JDCJ View Post
    Well I can remap OK to the clear button (have to add a new button for CLR as it is not already on there), but I can't find a backspace command to assign to the OK key, which is surprising as almost every function I could think of is there. Anyone have any ideas on how to assign a backspace function?