+ Reply to Thread

Flag emails for Followup?

So, I know that WM6 is supposed to be able to flag emails for followup, which would be very useful to me, and I know the shortcut list that shows up when you press and hold "H" lists F as Flag, but it doesn't do anything, and I don't see it in a menu list.

Or am I just blind?

And now I find something odd on an MSDN website about needing Exchange 12. The Exchange 2003 SP2 that we use seems to be version 6-ish. Did I miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by LxMeister View Post
    And now I find something odd on an MSDN website about needing Exchange 12. The Exchange 2003 SP2 that we use seems to be version 6-ish. Did I miss something?
    I wouldn't be surprised if this is also a feature of Exchange 2007 (like using HTML mail).

Apparently Exchange 12 is Exchange 2007...

I didn't realize that my exchange email doesn't do the HTML since my POP account to personal email handles the HTML just fine.

WTF, MS?

I run managed exchange 2007 and the option does not show up. I can also not search the GAL. Anyone know whats up with this?

I am having the same problem. I would love to be able to flag my emails, but It is not working. I thought that installing the office update 6.1 would fix it but it did not.

sml
    I have flagged an email on my 760, but I went to do it just now and there isno longer the option. unless I can't remember where I saw it. I wonder if this is because I now use a pc monitor rther then a push from the vzw sync site.

I spoke with tech support today about the flag issue along with the fact that HTML emails dont include pictures and they said that they are having this issue across the board and that they are working with microsoft/samsung to come out with an update to fix the issues. I hope he was telling the truth and the update will update the phone to windows mobile 6.1.

Here is a link to what is part of WM6 and what features require Exchange 2007. Flag requires both:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/jasonlan/attachment/1904298.ashx

I understand that you need exchange server 2007 to flag emails, but I was under the understanding that the I760 runs crossbow, a crossover version from wm5 to wm6, and not true windows mobile 6. I downloaded the flash demo from the windows mobile website and it is different than what is on the i760, granted the demo is on a smart phone. According to the windows mobile website we should be able to zoom web pages in the browser and view full HTML emails with pictures, along with set out of office assistant etc. I am assuming that these features will be available in a future update, but I have not been able to find much evidence that an update will happen.

Thank you alphadog, I upgraded to exchange server 2007 and now I can flag emails, search the server, and view HTML emails on the I760. problems solved. Now if only we can get that newer browser.

Quote Originally Posted by bassplayer247 View Post
    I understand that you need exchange server 2007 to flag emails, but I was under the understanding that the I760 runs crossbow, a crossover version from wm5 to wm6, and not true windows mobile 6. I downloaded the flash demo from the windows mobile website and it is different than what is on the i760, granted the demo is on a smart phone. According to the windows mobile website we should be able to zoom web pages in the browser and view full HTML emails with pictures, along with set out of office assistant etc. I am assuming that these features will be available in a future update, but I have not been able to find much evidence that an update will happen.
    The zoom feature on the browser is definitely a WM6.1 function for both Smartphone and Touchscreen. The reviews however claim it is very slow compared to Opera. The i760 definitely runs full WM6.

thanks alphadog. you have helped me to be a lot happier with my 760. have you heard anything about a 6.1 update for the i760? I think that at this point it is running windows 6.0

MS has teased us with some 6.1 sightings, but so far only the new SonyEricsson (to be released in the summer) and prepoduction ATT Q9H with WiFi have been seen running 6.1.

For anyone that wants it, it will have to be a ROM/firmware upgrade released by the manufacturer and the carrier. No one has stepped up to the plate yet mentioning this at all. Since Samsung is one of the few that upgraded their devices from WM5 to WM6, I would speculate that the i760 will get 6.1 at some point.

Keep in mind that MS has not officially anounced a release date yet, and you can't even buy a product running 6.1. Everyone expected that they would announce it at the phone conference in Spain a few weeks ago, but they did not - so it is really anyone's guess.

I can only hope that because Pocket IE is so pitiful, they are trying to make it better before 6.1 ships - if not they may lose market share to Apple if iPhone v2 comes out this summer. All speculation, but I think we can all agree that PIE is a major hindrance to an otherwise decent OS.

" can only hope that because Pocket IE is so pitiful, they are trying to make it better before 6.1 ships - if not they may lose market share to Apple if iPhone v2 comes out this summer. All speculation, but I think we can all agree that PIE is a major hindrance to an otherwise decent OS"I agree Alphadog. Thank you for the good info and the knowledge to fix my problems.