+ Reply to Thread

Viigo RSS Aggregator

MS is offering Viigo for free

https://www.microsoft.com/windowsmob...ore/viigo.mspx

Also sign up for their WM newsletter.

My first impressions is that this program is horrible. Maybe its just because the marketing hype/description is much better than I found the actual functionality. Then again, I still miss Vindigo....

Tried it out and it's ok but I really want to have a couple feeds on my today screen without an entire new today screen layout or such. I was hoping I could find something in the forums here but when I used the search function to look for RSS it turned up no matches even though it's obviously in this title here. Anyone have a suggestion for me on the today screen plugin?

Viigo is always free: Viigo Personal

Quote Originally Posted by edge8402 View Post
    Tried it out and it's ok but I really want to have a couple feeds on my today screen without an entire new today screen layout or such. I was hoping I could find something in the forums here but when I used the search function to look for RSS it turned up no matches even though it's obviously in this title here. Anyone have a suggestion for me on the today screen plugin?
    rss today site:pdaphonehome.com - Google Search

Quote Originally Posted by onlydarksets View Post

My bad. Usually when they offer something it was a pay product.

The last few newsletters have been pretty underhanded, IMO. The one before this offered "free" Photo Contacts Pro, which turned out to be a trial version. This one is offering "for free" software that is already free. Not cool.

Quote Originally Posted by edge8402 View Post
    Something I was told by one of the mods about searching on the site. Three-character searches don't work. Try RSS* and it should work.
    The wildcard "*" adds a 4th character so the search will continue.

Quote Originally Posted by wtherrell View Post
    Something I was told by one of the mods about searching on the site. Three-character searches don't work. Try RSS* and it should work.
    The wildcard "*" adds a 4th character so the search will continue.
    The best bet is to use Google and add "site:pdaphonehome.com" as a search criteria.

SPB Insight has a hyper little scrolling thing it will stick in your Today list, if you want.

Newsbreak has a Today plug-in, as well.