+ Reply to Thread

Automatically Change POP3 Auto Check Interval?

Greetings!

I have to POP3 accounts set up in messaging (and our work Exchange Server as well). I can easily configure the check in interval for the Exchange Server for times to check at a given interval and times not to check (peak and off-peak configuration).

What I'm trying to figure out is some way to mimic this with my 2 POP3 accounts. I'd like to limit the auto checking for new mail to only certains times of day (daytime) and not auto check other times of the day.

Is there some way do this automatically, (i.e. set up time blocks when the check interval is say "every hour" and then automatically switch to auto check interval of "never")?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Life's too short to use a bad phone JSM777's Avatar
    I would be interested in this capability as well. Anyone with any insight?

Life's too short to use a bad phone JSM777's Avatar
    Anyone have any ideas???

Just reading this post now. While I don't know, I wonder if PocketAlarm had anything that might allow such scheduling. I don't know if it does. But worth looking into? I'd think the check frequency would normally be set (as usual) within your pop3 client. But there's also (usually) a check box (or something) that says to include a specific email addr in it's check list. Maybe PA has hooks into various clients to allow turning on and off email clients?
    John