+ Reply to Thread

FM Tuner Options?

Anyone know of a way to add FM tuner capability to the i760? Is there a MicroSD card FM tuner on the market? I've looked but cant find anything. I'd like to get the new S9 bluetooh headphones but need FM for the gym.

another option would be resco radio. Resco Pocket Radio for Pocket PC
    i have used it and it works well.

You can also try The Stream Center web site. It lists the URLs to stream most of the stations in my area. The streams are via mp3, wma, or ram.

Link: The Mobile Stream Center - Listen to United States Radio Stations on your Pocket PC, Palm, Symbian-based handheld, Smartphone, PDA or other mobile device via Wi-Fi, GPRS or Bluetooth
    i760 (i730 upgrader)

FM? Why FM? Geez, you've got MP3's, internet or satelite radio software options (above and other threads). As far as I'm concerned, with all the junk on broadcast radio today, I'd personally just as soon have the FCC auction off the AM and FM bands along with the 700 MHz analog TV band as well. Sell it all to Google or Sirius. Seriously!

For Modulated Radio

I know, it's a strange request. The main reason for this is at my gym they modulate the TV audio for the various TVs around the place onto various FM frequencies. My current MP3 player has a FM tuner in it so I can pick up these broadcasts, but I'd like to just use my 760 instead with the bluetooth headphones and I'd lose that functionality without an FM tuner.

I can't believe someone doesn't make a SD card FM tuner, let alone a microSD one. I did find a Windows Mobile phone with one built in (msmobiles.com - O2 XDA Atom - The Jukebox in Your Pocket, but no aftermarket solutions.

Hobby of the week-aholic
    you'd probably have an easier time getting a bluetooth adapter for your mp3 player/FM tuner.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitticeps View Post
    you'd probably have an easier time getting a bluetooth adapter for your mp3 player/FM tuner.
    If you can get the bluetooth to work correctly with the i760...

Hobby of the week-aholic
    Quote Originally Posted by KitchMD View Post
    If you can get the bluetooth to work correctly with the i760...
    If he had a bluetooth adapter for his MP3 player/FM tuner then the i760 wouldn't even be in the picture. Just use those BT headphones directly with the MP3 player.

Don't want to carry two devices

Quote Originally Posted by Vitticeps View Post
    If he had a bluetooth adapter for his MP3 player/FM tuner then the i760 wouldn't even be in the picture. Just use those BT headphones directly with the MP3 player.
    Yeah, I realize that's an option. I just don't want to carry two devices if I can avoid it. I need my phone with my anyway so adding the capability there makes the most sense if its possible.

Of course I also just want to do as much cool stuff with my phone as a person can possibly do

Quote Originally Posted by jfourman View Post
    You can also try The Stream Center web site. It lists the URLs to stream most of the stations in my area. The streams are via mp3, wma, or ram.

Link: The Mobile Stream Center - Listen to United States Radio Stations on your Pocket PC, Palm, Symbian-based handheld, Smartphone, PDA or other mobile device via Wi-Fi, GPRS or Bluetooth
    Great suggestion dude...that's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

"WM2003SE fanatic..." RedBaronK's Avatar
    is there n e websites like this for watching tv?
    Mr. Belding's on speed dial #3, right after Screech.

i have looked long and hard for any type of fm tuner to add ...first with the 730 and now with the 760....this is the only thing I have found but now with the 760 only being microsd....looks like no love for me!

sd fm radio tuner
    Last edited by rynoondew; 12-02-2007 at 11:32 PM.
    I want the storm and I want it now!

You didn't even mention Shoutcast with GSPlayer.

So have the gym set up a stream over wifi

maybe you can hack up a dd-wrt router to do it somehow. You can add an sd slot to the wrt54g, put in the sd fm tuner and stream it over the wifi.