+ Reply to Thread

Autosync options

I have AS set to replace items on the desktop. When I connect my i760, it autosyncs as desired. However, the setup options (on the PC) are not available when the device is not connected.

Is the only option available to change those settings before connection on the mobile device itself? I wish there were a setting to allow manual sync only instead of autosync. If there is, I haven't seen it under Tools/Options/Settings.

I'm planning to do a hard reset soon (after I get some backup software) and start creating some restore points as I re-install and add 3rd party apps. I want to make sure I don't lose my contact list.

I currently have:
    Batti 2.1
    Calc98
    WLS
    Weathertogo 4.2
    Office Mobile 6.1 update

I'm looking to add a backup app, memmaid, other 3rd party tools and some application specific software that requires StyleTap to run.

I have been using a freeware program called NS Backup to save my contacts to a storage card. Thats all it will do but it is nice to have a little redundancy. You can find it here:

FreewarePPC.com - Freeware Pocket PC / Freeware Windows Mobile: NS Contacts Backup v1.2

Thanks for that suggestion.

I am currently using a trial version of Sprite Lite.

Another AS question:

I have email setup through other/pop3 and set to get mail only when I ask for it. I use Thunderbird for my email client on my PC. I have AS set to sync contacts and calendar only.

When I connect the i760, it automagically sends all unread mail from the PC to my phone. I don't want it doing that and thought I had AS set appropriately.

What have I missed?

I don't think the phone's doing it. Launching AS launches Outlook for purposes of syncing (it may run just as a process so you don't see it), so Outlook is going to do its send/receive when that happens. That's likely why you'll see the mail appear in Outlook.

If you want to test that, make sure your PDA is set not to delete mail from the server when you delete it there, download messages and nuke one. If it shows up on the PC, then you'll know that Outlook is pulling the messages directly.

Interesting.

I have the PDA setup to leave msgs on the server. As are my laptop and PC so they can sync email too. I don't care to sync email with the i760.

I'll have to test that out.

I sent myself a test msg that showed on my main PC. I didn't have the laptop email client running. (I connect the i760 to the laptop to sync). I deleted the test msg from the server (via the main PC) and when I sync'd the i760 with the laptop, that msg did not download.