+ Reply to Thread

Verizon Plans Question?

Ok... I am trying to find the cheapest way to get a data plan and was wondering if anyone has a plan or really good percent discount...

Here is my current plan

America's Choice II 1400 family plan
    Basic $80.00 (-12% discount=$71.00)
    Phone 2 9.99 ($12.9
    Phone 3 9.99 ($12.9
    Txt 2 $20.00
    Approx total (without tax and other fees) $122.47

Was thinking if I could go to the nationwide PDA plan with 900 mins

Basic 99.99/with int (-12%=$88.00)
    Phone 2 ($12.9
    Phone 3 ($12.9
    Txt $20
    $141.96

so i would be paying an extra $20 for PDA data usage... Can I even do this? or must I have a family plan and be charged the $44.99 for unlimited data. Anyone have any advice?

I see a lot of posts that refer to a XX% discount, how does one get such discount?

Brian

Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    Some compaines have arrangements with VZW for discounts.

If you buy a bundle plan phone service and Data you discount is on the bundle not the individual parts of the plan.

Noob
    I called and asked this question. They told me I had to have a family plan and that you couldn't just add lines to a data plan.

I don't know if this is true or not but that is what the verizon rep that I spoke to told me.

I was told the same thing by multiple VZW reps. Your only choice for data is to add on to the family plan and there is no cheap way out!

Okay, from what it appears, you have 3 lines total. at this point, the important info is what exactly is being used...e.g. how many minutes are actually being used? How much texting is actually being used? Once we get that info, then we can actually get down to the nitty gritty. But for starters, say we wanna keep it around the 120-140 range.....

99.99 PDA plan + Fam share 700 min (69.99 for two lines) is running you 169.98. Essentially, not bad, but that does not include text messaging at all...

now, we go for the 1400 min fam share plan, add a third line, add the data to your line... then we are suddenly at 144.97 (not including tax or your discount) however, that does not include text messaging, so if we bump you up to a select plan, same package, you go to 174.97. then ever person on your fam share plan will get unl texting to and from anyone (and unlike the "unl" data plan, the text plan actually is unlimited as far as I can tell, I average about 22,000 a month).

now, another option is do the 700 min plan for the two other lines, then do the 450 min data plan for yourself. at that point, download a voip service, such as talkplus(?) and use your voip for business since you have the unl data!! at that rate, your looking at 149.98...

pm me and I can give you more attention if this doesnt work for you...Im usually at my store all the time and its very slow so I check out the forums several times a day...

So did Verizon decide to NOT lower the unlimited data plan to the mid $30's/month like I was told they were going to about a month ago?

That is only for blackberry

I think its bs how much they charge for data. It's either unlimited or nothing. They really need to make a data plan for the average user who needs a pda phone, but wants internet for casual use... like checking sports scores or email.

And that is the only reason I am thinking about dumping verizon for an iphone

Speaking of Verizon plans, isn't there supposed to be new plans coming soon? Anyone know when these are coming, and/or the details of them?

no those were at the beginning of november and only for blackberry users... it was a reduction of their data plan from 45 to 30

I wish they had an unlimited plan but throttled down the bandwidth for the occasional data users. I would just like to check mail and an google maps every once in a while.