+ Reply to Thread

Transferring data from Treo 650 (palm) to i760

I've read all posts and I don't see this addressed. I got my i760 last night and I'd like to transfer all my data from my Treo 650 but I don't know if WM6 will recognize it. Will I have to renter everything manually?
    Kit
    Palm M125/Kyocera 7135/ Treo650P/Samsung i760
    ;-}

If you have Outlook as your mail reader then you should be able to sync the i760 with Outlook via Activesync and your PIM data should transfer. Keep in mind that Palm OS and WM read certain parts of that data differently, i.e., your "Memos" in Palm appear as "Notes" in WM.

If you don't use Outlook then you will need to obtain a copy in order to have the i760 do a desktop synch of your e-mail and contacts. (There are other ways to sync, specifically Wireless Sync, but AFAIK they all require Outlook, not Outlook Express, to be the mail reader). After you install Outlook you can re-install the Palm Desktop s/w, telling it to synch with Outlook during installation (don't uninstall the old Palm Desktop; reinstall over the existing copy). At this point all your contacts, datebook entries and memos ( now called Notes) will be in Outlook, and then an Activesync will transfer them to the i760.

Thanks Gasmeister. Not as bad as I thought. I appreciate the response.
    Kit
    Palm M125/Kyocera 7135/ Treo650P/Samsung i760
    ;-}