+ Reply to Thread

question about returning phone

so im returning my i760 tomorrow.

i really have no issues with it besides the size of it in my pocket, im not really a fan of clips on my belt. it really is actually, in my mind...too nice for me. its got too much stuff for what i need, the main reason i got it was for the "baller status" of the touch screen and such.

im going back to my u740 which is basically all i need and i was completely happy with, at least until the u940 comes out [im a samsung fanboy]. my question is, ive gone over the 30 min talk time and im within the 14 day return period [got it on black friday]. has anyone returned a phone? i see theres a 20% restocking fee but do they ALWAYS charge you with that? cuz the guy told me when i was buying it they "CAN" hit you with the 20% restocking fee if they want.

why don't you call them and ask them...they are really the only ones that ultimately know

You have 30days hassel free return policy. You dont have to have any reasons to return it. Go to any corporate store to return it.
    ....at least thats what verizon customer service ppl told me.

Quote Originally Posted by jayudom View Post
    You have 30days hassel free return policy. You dont have to have any reasons to return it. Go to any corporate store to return it.
    ....at least thats what verizon customer service ppl told me.
    You do still have to pay for minutes used, SMS sent, etc. Effectively you have to pay for your monthly service even if you return the phone and were to cancel the contract (which it appears your not doing).
    Thanks
    - Andrew - PDAPhoneHome.com

im dumb, sorry, i bought the phone from a verizon authorized dealer and their return policy was different.

i had 14 days to return the phone and if you went over 30 mins usage time, theyd charge you 20% for restocking fee.

i did a hard reset and it cleared my talk time numbers on the phone and it showed i had 0 talk time minutes so there was no restock fee, i win.