+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    Registered User mrailing's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-19-2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    8,410

    I am alive and well

    I know I have been absent recently, and I apologize for this. I have received 9 PMs asking me if I am ok, and I wanted to openly report I am fine, and in fact this weekend I have taken some time off and even met with with a few members from here.

    Recently I was approached about the potential for a job change and working full time for a company, other than running my own business as I have for the past 5 years. I have accepted their offer and will be making the move during the month of December, and am in the process of wrapping up the dealings with my own clients so I can make the move and devote my entire time to the new company. It will be an interesting move instead of working for myself, but I am looking forward to it.

    The funny thing also, the offer came from the company of a member of this site that I have been friends with for a few years now and met because of my dealings on pdaphonehome.com.

    So the lack of attention to the boards is due to working 12-20/hours per day and trying to get all of my customers satisfied before making the final move. Once this happens I am sure that I will return some of my attention back, I just haven't had enough time to juggle it all.

    Thanks for the kind notes from many of you in checking to make sure I was ok.

    Michael

    (I am just going to stick this for a week or so, and have posted this in the i760 forum, since this is the forum I have recently been most active).

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    10-25-2007
    Posts
    524
    you came back....but it won't be for long

  3. #3
    Comfortably Converged
    Join Date
    08-10-2005
    Location
    North Central Ohio
    Posts
    567
    I was wondering about you, I know you get bombarded with messages here so I figured I would wait and sooner or later you would poke your head up.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    09-28-2007
    Posts
    116
    Oh I see, well congrats on the new job and good luck. But when you're done many newbies like me need you to finish you're set up guide for the i760! lol But seriously I haven't touched anything yet on it, I dont want to make mistake haha

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    10-16-2005
    Location
    Atlanta,
    Posts
    147
    Michael,

    It's always refreshing to hear of good things happening to good people. Congratulations! And again... a public thank you for all you have done to help in our forum.

    I'll be praying for your transition to the new position.

    Curtis ZZZ
    CurtisZZZ

  6. #6
    I know i am but what are you?
    Join Date
    05-20-2005
    Location
    Cave Creek, AZ
    Posts
    1,445
    Congrats on the new job. I'm sure the new Boss won't be as demanding as the old one.

  7. #7
    Cornfused MGuzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-27-2003
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    2,810
    Congrats on the new job! We missed you! Will you be stuck in a cubicle? You'll have to update us on the culture shock of becoming a company man!
    Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

  8. #8
    Registered User BacardiGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-29-2005
    Posts
    66

    Congratulations!

    Glad to hear the absence is for good reasons. They are a fortunate employer to have won your hard work and problem solving skills full time.
    BacardiGuy - Samsung i760 (i730 RIP) - WM6.1, 16 GB Sandisk MicroSD, Motorola S9 A2DP headphones, Slingplayer, Phone Alarm, Tom Tom Navigator, PocketMusic, Stowaway keyboard and mouse, MemMaid, SPB Backup, Newsbreak, Coreplayer, SBSH Weather, Audible, Lotus Mobility Client, Lotus Traveler, Pocket Quicken, eWallet, Pocket Breeze, Pocket Informant, Voice Command

  9. #9
    DroidX>Omnia>i760/30>00>ipaq+nokia JimCapraro's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-11-2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,705
    Michael,
    Way cool, especially when it seems like just yesterday you were holding cheerleaders in the palm of your hand!

    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I am alive and well-cheer.jpg  
    The only constant is change.

  10. #10
    Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-27-2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    5,384
    It has been very different around here without you.

    I hope you negotiated time to be allowed to continue to keep this list in-line.

    You may have to change your Avatar..........
    I wish you prosperity with your new opportunity.
    Congrats Mark

  11. #11
    I know i am but what are you?
    Join Date
    05-20-2005
    Location
    Cave Creek, AZ
    Posts
    1,445
    Post pictures please

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    03-19-2005
    Location
    Allentown PA
    Posts
    1,376
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_A_K View Post
    It has been very different around here without you.

    I hope you negotiated time to be allowed to continue to keep this list in-line.

    You may have to change your Avatar..........
    I wish you prosperity with your new opportunity.
    Congrats Mark
    It's been different around here?
    Thanks
    - Andrew - PDAPhoneHome.com

  13. #13
    Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-27-2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    5,384
    Quote Originally Posted by tange1 View Post
    It's been different around here?
    All the mods do a great job but Michael was extraordinary.(way beyond the call of duty)

    I am so happy for him that he now is doing other things like taking the time to ride his new motor cycle and advancing his carer. After all it would be selfish of us to expect him to continue to volunteer in his currant capacity for ever.

    Michael please drop in to at least say hello once in a while.

    You're the best!

    Mark

  14. #14
    DroidX>Omnia>i760/30>00>ipaq+nokia JimCapraro's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-11-2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,705
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_A_K View Post
    All the mods do a great job but Michael was extraordinary.(way beyond the call of duty)

    I am so happy for him that he now is doing other things like taking the time to ride his new motor cycle and advancing his carer. After all it would be selfish of us to expect him to continue to volunteer in his currant capacity for ever.

    Michael please drop in to at least say hello once in a while.

    You're the best!

    Mark
    Hear! Hear!!

    ps Tange1, you know we love you too!
    The only constant is change.

  15. #15
    Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-27-2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    5,384
    Quote Originally Posted by JimCapraro View Post
    Hear! Hear!!

    ps Tange1, you know we love you too!
    Where! Where!........oh over There! There!..........

  16. #16
    Registered User mrailing's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-19-2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    8,410
    I am not going away, just needed to put PDAPhoneHome.com on the back burner for a month or so until the progression has finished. I am just about done with 20 hour days and soon will be in a normal routine, and will again have time to spend around here, although maybe not as much as I did in the past, or depending on how everything goes, maybe the same amount.

    I have just been overwhelmed with the change in jobs trying to basically juggle two 50+ hour jobs each week. So I just have had to push the stuff I want to do to the side for the time being.

    My goal is this next weekend getting caught up here and trying to get myself back in to the normal swing of things around here, get the FAQ updated, and finally post my MRailing Guide.... Of course that depends on family showing up unexpected...

    Things are still progressing well, and I look forward to being able to spend some time around here again... I miss all you guys...

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    10-16-2005
    Location
    Atlanta,
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by mrailing View Post
    I am not going away, just needed to put PDAPhoneHome.com on the back burner for a month or so until the progression has finished. I am just about done with 20 hour days and soon will be in a normal routine, and will again have time to spend around here, although maybe not as much as I did in the past, or depending on how everything goes, maybe the same amount.

    I have just been overwhelmed with the change in jobs trying to basically juggle two 50+ hour jobs each week. So I just have had to push the stuff I want to do to the side for the time being.

    My goal is this next weekend getting caught up here and trying to get myself back in to the normal swing of things around here, get the FAQ updated, and finally post my MRailing Guide.... Of course that depends on family showing up unexpected...

    Things are still progressing well, and I look forward to being able to spend some time around here again... I miss all you guys...

    Michael, Thanks for the update, but you owe us nothing around here. Be sure your first priority is getting the very best start you can with your new work.

    Merry Christmas and thanks for an 07 from heaven! Hope your 08 is great!

    CurtisZZZ
    CurtisZZZ

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    10-05-2006
    Posts
    24
    thanks for all the great work this year. Good luck with everything. Merry Christmas and a Happy new year.

  19. #19
    Pretty Good Member
    Join Date
    10-23-2007
    Posts
    258
    Quote Originally Posted by mrailing View Post
    Once this happens I am sure that I will return some of my attention back, I just haven't had enough time to juggle it all.
    Hope to see you back again soon. I've only been a member for a short time, but it's obvious that you've had a great effect on making this forum what it is.

    BTW, anyone seen SD lately?

  20. #20
    iPwn da iPhone... Trinergy's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-28-2005
    Location
    Illy Philly
    Posts
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_A_K View Post
    It has been very different around here without you.

    I hope you negotiated time to be allowed to continue to keep this list in-line.

    You may have to change your Avatar..........
    I wish you prosperity with your new opportunity.
    Congrats Mark
    Sorry everyone for stealing him away from you guys but I had to do it. The stars were aligned properly and he took the bait. Funny thing is I go on vacation and come back with a new job myself and must leave him...so sad but at least we still have a place where we are bound.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts