Closed Thread

Question Combo sync and charge cradle?

Does the cradle that Verizon sells work as a Sync and charge or just for charging? I would like to get a cradle that will sync/charge the phone and also have a slot for the second battery.

Quote Originally Posted by BRENG View Post
    Does the cradle that Verizon sells work as a Sync and charge or just for charging? I would like to get a cradle that will sync/charge the phone and also have a slot for the second battery.
    It does both. There are no cables supplied with the cradle. You have to use the USB cable that came with the phone to connect the cradle to your PC and the travel charger that came with the phone to connect the cradle to AC.
    i760 (i730 upgrader)

Quote Originally Posted by jfourman View Post
    It does both. There are no cables supplied with the cradle. You have to use the USB cable that came with the phone to connect the cradle to your PC and the travel charger that came with the phone to connect the cradle to AC.
    The cradle from Verizon *does* come with a proprietary usb cable to connect to your computer for syncing. This usb cable alone does not charge the phone. The cradle does not come with a charging cable, so you'll have to use an additional charger.

Quote Originally Posted by buxleyp View Post
    The cradle from Verizon *does* come with a proprietary usb cable to connect to your computer for syncing. This usb cable alone does not charge the phone. The cradle does not come with a charging cable, so you'll have to use an additional charger.
    Sorry, my bad.
    i760 (i730 upgrader)

chinnman
    The desktop charger (SAMI760DTC) from Verizon does NOT come with a charger, only the USB proprietary cable (looks identical to the one that came with the i730). So you'll have to use the travel charger that came with your i760, unless you buy another one.

One note to add: the desktop charger does have a nifty feature: it swivels 90 degrees in case your viewing your phone i landscape mode while docked.

Professional Phone User Thundaar's Avatar
    So as I see it, there is another port to plug in the wall charger that comes with the phone. This will allow sync AND charge at the same time without swapping anything?

Is there a slot to also charge the second battery that comes with the phone???

Why isn't there any info about this on the Verizo-n site. Just a picture a price ($39.99) and no specs

Yes there is a slot to charge a second battery.

Quote Originally Posted by BRENG View Post
    BRENG, one of the things we ask here is that before posting questions, users first search the forum to see whether the question has been previously asked. This helps avoid multiple threads on the same topic (multiple threads on the same topic make the forum disorganized and difficult to follow).

I did a search of just the word cradle and turned up 55 hits. Just glancing at the titles of those hits yielded the following:

How to charge both batteries at once?

The Definitive Charging and Syncing Cables Thread

I'm going to close this thread and request that discussion of desktop charges continue in one of the other existing threads.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)