+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Call Recording?

Call Recording?

I tried the resco Audio recorder 4.01 and it does not work well, alters somehow the voice quality, with some not very specific echo, also does not record but few seconds.

Anyway, anyone has another solution? I need call recording, resco had this auto call recording which is neat, but now working well

any ideas?

Hobby of the week-aholic
    I was going to ask this myself. With my old VX9800 I liked being able to record conference calls when I'm not able to take notes (driving, etc.). Although the recording feature on the VX9800 only recorded the incoming audio, not your own voice, for some unknown reason.

But I would like to know if there is a good solution for this on the 760 as well.

"WM2003SE fanatic..." RedBaronK's Avatar
    i remember reading somewhere on the manual CD that this phone does support it without any need for 3rd party software......
    Mr. Belding's on speed dial #3, right after Screech.

you should be able to open notes...then menu...then view recording toolbar and hit the red record button! saves it as a wav file ..you can then sync it to your PC
    I want the storm and I want it now!

Yes, you can take audio notes, but that's not I'm after.

Scenario: Someone calls me while I drive. The person tells me zillion info I cant memorize, so I need a quick way to record that. Automatic or a big button to press. There is no way I can hit the little record button while driving.

There's a bunch of freeware apps for call recording on Palm devices like treo... such as CallRec. Anyone know of one for WM?

tnx

Go with Vito Audio Notes. I have it for recording messages to myself, but just tried it on a phone call. No echo at all. And the name of the recorded file will be the phone number of the call.

I'm trying it now. The call recording works well, but for only 11 seconds. I wonder if there is a setting somewhere for this? Trial is said "full functional" so I dont know... It's a phone issue? A sw issue?

I guess its a phone thing... Resco had the same thing, 11s recording from a call, tops...

any ideas or tips?

ok, After a couple of hours of usage...

Looks like the recordings are somewhat inconsistent... Sometime it's working over the 11s limit, sometimes not. It's working but you cant be sure if the recording worked or not, until the time you get to check it. When, it could be to late. I need something reliable.

It's weird and I think it's a phone issue thou... not software

Ok, I uninstalled the Vito also. reason is the one I was already talking about. Erratic and unreliable call recordings. I guess it's something in the phone, when the Mic is "piped" to the recording routines... something is not working right. Maybe the CPU of the phone does not have juice enough to carry this tasks and some "failsafe" routines kicks in on a some sort of priority assignment of cpu power. No idea, just speculating...

Still looking for something that will record the call, anyone? Any success reports? Cmon ppl

I would also like to have a solution for this... Someone must be doing it...

Anyone???? Please?

olgatudor,

I was able to get past 11 sec issue by changing the Power Save Setting to dimming only (Start Menu, Settings, System Tab, Power, Power Save Tab).

But even with the mic auto gain set to high, I can hardly hear what I say.

RedAntArmy