+ Reply to Thread

S2U2 Version 0.86

I currently have this installed on my i760, and im sure some of you have it installed too.
    The application works great, but i am having difficulty finding how to change the background picture...
    could someone explain/tell me how to change the background picture...
    thanks in advance

For portrait you have to resize the image to 240x320 and name it wallpaper.jpg. For landscape you have to resize the image to 320x240 and name it wallpaperL.jpg. You then copy those two files to \program files\s2u2\gfx. Then reaload ilock.exe and your done. I use Adobe imageready to resize the images, but you can use any other program to resize them.

jv

whats ilock.exe.....
    i have it, but when i try to open it, it says it's closed

also....i tried looking for adobe imageready, but its discontinued.....what other programs would work?

nevermind....thank you very much for your help!

one last question....lol
    i downloaded an image and saved it to my computer....
    then i put it in files in active sync, and changed it to the requirements for ppc portrait...
    then i found it with file explorer, then renamed it wallpaper...
    then pasted it in the gfx folder in s2u2, but it didnt replace the old one....how does this work..
    please help
    thanks in advance (again)

The only way a file will not replace another file with the same name within the same folder is if they are not named the same. Make sure again that its named wallpaper.jpg. If this doesn't work, check Active Sync_Tools_Folder Options_View - Uncheck hide extensions for known file types....You possibly named the file wallpaper.jpg.jpg.

I know it's been posted before but a nice site for wallpapers is

Pocketpcscreens.com: High quality pocket pc themes in 240x320 and 480x640 resolutions

Quote Originally Posted by rideman121292 View Post
    one last question....lol
    i downloaded an image and saved it to my computer....
    then i put it in files in active sync, and changed it to the requirements for ppc portrait...
    then i found it with file explorer, then renamed it wallpaper...
    then pasted it in the gfx folder in s2u2, but it didnt replace the old one....how does this work..
    please help
    thanks in advance (again)
    I run S2U2 (v.86) as well, and have found that the new wallpaper doesn't "take" until you restart S2U2. Actually, I'm in the habit of performing a soft reset after I make most changes to the i760, so I'm actually resetting, not just restarting S2U2.

It takes the moment you put it on there without a reset, you just need open the keyboard to switch it to landscape, then switch it back.