+ Reply to Thread

Does anyone know how to stream from Rhapsody?

I have a subscription to Rhapsody, and enjoy it greatly from home or my PC. I was wondering if anyone knew how to stream music from Rhapsody to the beastie?

I asked them, and they say it cannot be done. Does anyone have a better idea?

Thanks!

David

-------

Here is a summary of my exchange with them:

Original Email:

I have a WM6 PDA/Phone device with an unlimited data plan. Can I stream music to it from Rhapsody? I can do internet radio with Windows Media Player on the phone, so it seems I should be able to do it.

Response:

Dear David,

Thank you for contacting RealNetworks Customer Support.

I understand that you would like to use the Phone device to stream Music from Rhapsody.

On checking our records, I see that you have signed up for Rhapsody Unlimited subscription.

I regret to inform you that it is not possible to stream music from Rhapsody to your Phone Device. However, you can transfer the purchased tracks to your compatible devices. I see that you have purchased the tracks from Rhapsody.

To know about compatible devices, please visit the link given below:

Answer

To transfer the purchased tracks to compatible device, perform the steps given in the below link:

Answer

Hope the information helps and apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Please write to us if you have further questions or clarifications.

Regards,

Enthiyaz
    RealNetworks Customer Support
    Last edited by virtualdavid; 12-03-2007 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Fixed an unclear sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by virtualdavid View Post
    I have a subscription to Rhapsody, and enjoy it greatly from home or my PC. I was wondering if anyone knew how to stream music from Rhapsody to the beastie?

I asked them, and they say it cannot be done. Does anyone have a better idea?

Thanks!

David

-------

Here is a summary of my exchange with them:

Original Email:

I have a WM6 PDA/Phone device with an unlimited data plan. Can I stream music to it from Rhapsody? I can do internet radio with Windows Media Player on the phone, so it seems I should be able to do it.

Response:

Dear David,

Thank you for contacting RealNetworks Customer Support.

I understand that you would like to use the Phone device to stream Music from Rhapsody.

On checking our records, I see that you have signed up for Rhapsody Unlimited subscription.

I regret to inform you that it is not possible to stream music from Rhapsody to your Phone Device. However, you can transfer the purchased tracks to your compatible devices. I see that you have purchased the tracks from Rhapsody.

To know about compatible devices, please visit the link given below:

Answer

To transfer the purchased tracks to compatible device, perform the steps given in the below link:

Answer

Hope the information helps and apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Please write to us if you have further questions or clarifications.

Regards,

Enthiyaz
    RealNetworks Customer Support
    The response from Rhapsody support was correct. You can't stream Rhapsody to a WM6 phone (or any other MS Mobile OS for that matter). If you have Rhapsody ToGo, you can download subscription music to your phone...which essentially gives you an unlimited playlist.
    i760 (i730 upgrader)

Hello? Is this thing on?
    I have rhapsody also and i'm guessing because the back end is realplayer that would also be one of the reasons why you can't stream plus i don't think wm6 supports the helix DRM technology from real. Sorry can't be anymore helpful.