+ Reply to Thread

How to Set Default Contacts Filter?

OK I'm a Nube. Nube to Pocket PC's, Nube, to Windows mobile, a nube.

So my question is hopefully an easy one. How do I set my Contacts to have the Default Filter to show only my Personal contacts. I hate that I have to set the filter everytime I go into contacts and I'd like to have is set by default to always filter out everything except Personal Contacts.

Thanks in advance.

I'm a new WM6 and i760 user too having used Palm devices since the original.

Unfortunately I do not know of any way to get the standard Contact program to default to a specified filter (e.g. show "Personal" only). I really think this should be in there. Maybe there is a registry hack to get it to do this.

What I ended up doing was buying SPB Diary (store for these forums has a sale until Christmas) which has a tab for Contacts and lets you choose your filter and remembers it. It also organizes Calendar and Tasks similar to how I need it (similar to how I used to DateBk on Palm).
    Last edited by normpda; 12-04-2007 at 12:05 PM.

Hello? Is this thing on?
    Quote Originally Posted by pedrorjr View Post
    OK I'm a Nube. Nube to Pocket PC's, Nube, to Windows mobile, a nube.

So my question is hopefully an easy one. How do I set my Contacts to have the Default Filter to show only my Personal contacts. I hate that I have to set the filter everytime I go into contacts and I'd like to have is set by default to always filter out everything except Personal Contacts.

Thanks in advance.
    I believe without a third party program, you can't - it will remember your current session only, as soon as you close your contacts it will default back to show all.

Some members have posted that they just leave the contacts open all the time in the background.

Sorry.

Thx Sugrat,

I'm sure someone out here has to know which registry key, if any would set this up. I know its not a big deal, but it really would be convenient if my contacts were always set to only my Personal contacts.

thx again

Try using PocketCM. I know it has a tab for favorites and you could use that to filter your contacts to just your favorites. Might not be what you are looking for but I'm just trying to help. PocketCM is free. PocketCM Contacts & Keyboard