+ Reply to Thread

3 new problems with my i760 ... need help.

AM i crazy?:

When i plug in a radioshack 2.5-3.5mm adapter into my i760, i can only hear outta 1 ear .. (the right...if it matters)

RadioShack.com - Cables, Parts & Connectors: Connectors & connectivity: A/V connectors & adapters: 1/8" Stereo Jack to 3/32" Stereo Plug Adapter

If i place the plug in almost completely in, but not totally in-- it does work (unless i move the adapter.)

If i fiddle with the input...i randomly get the voice command to automatically start.

suddenly all my ring tones are corrupt??! Has anyone seen this before?

----

I guess i'm going to hard reset..but i'm going on a business trip soon and dont have time to play around so much...

I did drop the thing 1x...i'm worried things may have gotten screwed up inside

If you think its due to the drop (btw there are a few superficial scratch s on the body...and i'm within my 30days...can i exchange it at a verizon store?? If not, should i get insurance...and then wait a bit???

The adapters are covered in other threads

Quote Originally Posted by nycdoc22 View Post
    AM i crazy?:

When i plug in a radioshack 2.5-3.5mm adapter into my i760, i can only hear outta 1 ear .. (the right...if it matters)

RadioShack.com - Cables, Parts & Connectors: Connectors & connectivity: A/V connectors & adapters: 1/8" Stereo Jack to 3/32" Stereo Plug Adapter

If i place the plug in almost completely in, but not totally in-- it does work (unless i move the adapter.)

If i fiddle with the input...i randomly get the voice command to automatically start.

suddenly all my ring tones are corrupt??! Has anyone seen this before?

----

I guess i'm going to hard reset..but i'm going on a business trip soon and dont have time to play around so much...

I did drop the thing 1x...i'm worried things may have gotten screwed up inside

If you think its due to the drop (btw there are a few superficial scratch s on the body...and i'm within my 30days...can i exchange it at a verizon store?? If not, should i get insurance...and then wait a bit???
    There are two forms of the adapters. They have different numbers of bands on the plug. If you get the one without enough bands you will have exactly the problem you describe. I can't remember which thread it is in but a search should find it. Don't know about the ringtones-never had that problem. The voice command thing could be related to the adapter because one of the bands lets you use a miked headset.

The Radio Shack ones don't work. The adapter is Samsung specific. Buy one of these:

Pocket PC Techs - Accessories for Samsung SCH-i760 Samsung SCH-i760 Audio Adapters
    i760 (i730 upgrader)

thanks... i was freaking out...i guess this post explains some:
    Headphones for i760?

does anyone know of a brick and mortar store that sells it? (i have a long trip soon!) Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nycdoc22 View Post
    thanks... i was freaking out...i guess this post explains some:
    Headphones for i760?

does anyone know of a brick and mortar store that sells it? (i have a long trip soon!) Thanks
    At one point, VZW was selling the adapter in their brick and mortar stores. I don't know whether they are still doing so, but it's worth a shot giving a store or two a call.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

just picked it up from the VZV store for 12.99.. kinda ugly and doesn't look like it'll last but hey.. i'll stop complaining

thanks all

I also bought the $13 adapter at a VZW store, works fine except ...
    the R2VS app on the phone doesn't seem to see it ??

Has anyone seen the $13 Verizon adapter side-by-side with the PPCPADPT18 Samsung SCH-i760 3.5mm Stereo Headphone Adapter with Built-In Mic & Answer Button directly from pocketpctechs.com? Is the one from PPCTech's better? Are they the same unit?