+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cradle

Cradle

Anyone seen this cradle available for purchase anywhere?

Samsung i760 Twin Battery Slot Desktop Charging+Sync USB Cradle

DroidX>Omnia>i760/30>00>ipaq+nokia JimCapraro's Avatar
    Verizon sells them. I'm a verizon merits member and I bought it via the merits website for 25% off.

Here are the verizon merits program eleigibility requirements:
    Program membership requires customer to have been a Verizon Wireless customers for 6 months without suspension and be on either a single-line Calling Plan or a primary line on a Family SharePlan® with a monthly access of $79.99 or higher for the past 3 months.
    The verizon merts website is here: https://merits.vzw.com/index.aspx?AC=1
    The only constant is change.

Thats not the verizon/samsung one! This one will charge the phone withe usb connected to the cradle alone! It also comes with both usp, and ac power cords! Only drawback I see, u cand charge the reserve battery with usb, must use ac power for that.

Quote Originally Posted by canecbr600 View Post
    Thats not the verizon/samsung one! This one will charge the phone withe usb connected to the cradle alone! It also comes with both usp, and ac power cords! Only drawback I see, u cand charge the reserve battery with usb, must use ac power for that.
    One observation I see from the picture that you may want to check out: The Samsung/Verizon cradle has a cutout on the left side of the opening were the phone is placed to accommodate the connector cover when it is swung to the side. I don't see that on this cradle unless the cutout is further inside the base. If it doesn't have a cutout or depression, you will have to rip off the connector cover.

The only advantage I see on this cradle is the ability to charge the battery in the phone from a USB-only connection. It doesn't have the ability to swivel to landscape position. I have the Samsung/Verizon cradle on order for $29.25 including shipping ($39 - 25%) .
    i760 (i730 upgrader)

Has anyone seen the Samsung cradle in store anywhere?

I believe it also said the phone with extended battery would not fit into the phone slot. All told, I would just as soon get a retractable sync n charge cable.
    I am happy with the OE cradle. The only downer was it didn't come with power cable.

DroidX>Omnia>i760/30>00>ipaq+nokia JimCapraro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by canecbr600 View Post
    oops, my bad.
    The only constant is change.

If I bought the Verizon cradle would a sync and charge cable work with this cradle?

I just ordered mine a few minutes ago from verizon, i called in as my local verizon store Never has anything in stock for smartphones.. They gave me 25% off the accessory. I tried to sign up for the merit program and they said i didnt need to as i get 25% off through my job..? Thats news to me... Anyways i had her (the verizon lady) confirm that it does not come with a charging cord. She called samsung and they said you use the charging cord that came with your phone to plug into the cradle. I personnally thought that was a little cheesy, but what am i going to do. Ive had this sch-i760 for 1 day and i seen i need to be able to charge both batteries at once.. the non-extended life battery is a joke.. I got this phone to replace a very defective line of motorola Q m9's... So far the phone is amazing! Like my vx6700 was but better! btw on samsungs website the cradel is $49 on verizons site they are $39, if you sign up for the merit program you get 25% of that price.

oh a question now that i ordered my cradel.. i read someone that said it will NOT fit the extended battery when the battery is in the phone. well what about if the normal battery is in the phone, will the extended battery plug into the back to charge both. might sound like a stupid question but so far with this phone i learned not to assume anything! Like usb charging while in active sync!