+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WM6 File Size

WM6 File Size

Coming from the treo 700wx, I had 32 mg of free space on my device with everything I have installed on my i760. Except I had the threaded sms app on the 700wx and I dont have it on the i760. My i760 has about 19 mg of free space on it now. Using Memaid, I see that the windows folder is 91 mg's, while the WM5 on my treo was only 72 mgs. I was just wondering if that 91 mg's is standard or did something find its way onto my device that I did not intend. If some of you could confirm your file sizes I would be grateful.
    Last edited by garment69; 12-04-2007 at 09:53 AM.

Wow, nobody can help?

I can't help with what it should be like, but that sounds right. Windows is 133.5MB on my TyTN II. You're seeing a great deal of stuff in the ROM in those numbers, though.

The key questions is - are you actually unable to do things because there's only 19MB left for storage? If not, then don't sweat it. If so, then you need to decide if this is the right phone for you.

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAlbion View Post
    I can't help with what it should be like, but that sounds right. Windows is 133.5MB on my TyTN II. You're seeing a great deal of stuff in the ROM in those numbers, though.

The key questions is - are you actually unable to do things because there's only 19MB left for storage? If not, then don't sweat it. If so, then you need to decide if this is the right phone for you.
    I am having issues with outlook downloading attachements directly to the device instead of the storage card so I fluxuate down and get random out of memory warnings after a night on non use. Wow, 133mgs on the tytn. Thats amazing. 40mb more than verizons wm6.

The TyTN II has a massive amount of memory. 128MB or RAM, 256MB of ROM. Fully loaded with all of my apps (and I run a good number), I've got just under 58MB of program memory and 57MB of storage available.