+ Reply to Thread

Garmin Nuvi 360 as a car kit - Not working!

Anyone has successfully used the Garmin Nuvi 360 as a car kit? I cant pair the 760 with it. They see each other, nuvi tells the secret password (1234) I input that on the phone prompt... then nothing... After a while, 760 times out and Nuvi still waiting for pairing... times out to.

I use the bt while driving with an ear piece tho, so it's working. It's just I'd like to have the Nuvi going to.

Any success stories or advises?

Nobody has this combination? hmmmm

I've got the Nuvi 660 and it paired successfully using the instructions provided in the nuvi/i760 docs. Under the Bluetooth menu, make sure you select the 'handsfree' checkbox.

I haven't got the nuvi to download my addressbook, tho, despite also checking 'OBEX Push'.

Also paired it with my Moto HS850 headset, but it won't retain BOTH settings
    simultaneously. See the sticky thread for more info on multiple BT pairing.

Nuvi 360 doesn't have that check box. I guess it will never work... until a new firmware update on the nuvi (which i doubt will happen just for this)

I tried another couple of times, until I got bored

I was thinking about getting this specifically because it could pair with the phone. If the Nuvi 360 will not pair, then forget buying that solution.

I hear the garmin Nuvi 660 does work and pair. Bet it had the 2.0 software right in the box.

Reading from the garmin web site the version of Garmin software needs to be the 2.0 version. So right out of the box the Garmin might not work until you upload the new software.
    Last edited by ktjensen; 02-15-2008 at 07:05 PM.