+ Reply to Thread

Dialer/dialpad skins

Anyone out there know of any good dialer/dialpad skins out there? I had the nargalzius iPhone dialer installed but it seemed to make the i760 take longer to switch to landscape. I was curious if anyone knew of any other good skins to try and use. Thanks!

By the way, here's the iPhone dialer is was using: iPhone dialpad theme (retail style) by Nargalzius - PPCGeeks

If you want to see if you are having the same problem, have your phone in standby (screen is off), and then just slide the slider open instead of hitting the button on top to wake the phone up. Before I installed the dialer, the phone would turn on and switch to landscape fairly quickly, but after I installed it it seemed like it took forever to switch to landscape.

UPDATE: I was wrong and it was WISBAR ADVANCE 3 that was slowing down the switch to landscape. I'm still interested in other dialers that might be out there.
    Last edited by snrsuave; 12-04-2007 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by snrsuave View Post
    Anyone out there know of any good dialer/dialpad skins out there? I had the nargalzius iPhone dialer installed but it seemed to make the i760 take longer to switch to landscape. I was curious if anyone knew of any other good skins to try and use. Thanks!

By the way, here's the iPhone dialer is was using: iPhone dialpad theme (retail style) by Nargalzius - PPCGeeks

If you want to see if you are having the same problem, have your phone in standby (screen is off), and then just slide the slider open instead of hitting the button on top to wake the phone up. Before I installed the dialer, the phone would turn on and switch to landscape fairly quickly, but after I installed it it seemed like it took forever to switch to landscape.
    This site has some nice dialer skins

How did u get that iphone skin to work? Mine shows up white with black keys... poo.

Quote Originally Posted by eldersoul View Post
    How did u get that iphone skin to work? Mine shows up white with black keys... poo.
    I downloaded the version that is on the PPCGeeks site. I posted the link. Then I just installed the CAB file on my phone. I didn't do anything special to get it to work. It just worked. I had no dialer installed other than the stock dialer when I installed the iPhone one, so maybe if you already have another dialer installed that may be your problem.

Update on my issue with Wisbar Advance 3: I found out that Wisbar was loading the skin I was using from my storage card, so that was what was causing the delay when switching from portrait to landscape. I moved the skin to internal memory and now it switches within 4 seconds instead of the 15 it took before.

the htc dialpad is clean. you can find it here
    HTC Touch App on Artemis - xda-developers

Quote Originally Posted by tom108 View Post
    Thanks for the link. It looks like this skin is the only one that supports smartdialing. The others I have tried disable the smartdial function. Is this correct or am I doing something wrong?

There is a really good thread in the i730 forum with dialer threads... excuse me if I don't search it up for ya'all... My two favorite sites for getting dialer themes are, PaulyA.com > For Mobiles and ZomBie Nexus :: ZBN welcomes you! And the folks over at xda-developers are always pushing the envelope.
    Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Quote Originally Posted by tom108 View Post
    This is the one I use! Does the job fine. The Iphone theme does look pretty interesting tho.

Do any of these support the smart dialer feature?

HTC Dialer

I use the HTC dialer app myself, it works, and it utilizes smartdialing, but a simple skin won't enable smartdialing. You have to replace the native i760 dialer with a new dialer program, and as of yet, this is the only one I've tried and had success with. xda-developers

Ok, 2 stupid questions ( they teach us how to ask them in law school). What is the difference between the CAB and the OEM ? What is "smartdialing" ? I noticed on the XDA site that the 911 function is disabled on the iphone dialpad, can't you still use the dialpad on the phone itself ? If I download a new dialpad, do I just put into the my documents file on the 760 ? Yes, I know this is actually 4 stupid questions.

Smart Dialing is where you type someones name with the keypad. Like John would be 5646. This is disabled in skins and some replacement dialers. Try the HTC dialer... I looks nice and keeps all the functionality. As far as the cabs go, they are like exe's for your pda. So yes, you would copy those to your system and then run them.
    Feathered Access -
    Free Live Mobile Television
    http://featheredaccess.com

How do you uninstall the HTC Dialer? I uninstalled it, but it did nothing! It still is the dialer skin even after removing from programs. I don't like the fact that it doesn't have a send button. I hate pushing the side button as it pushes the phone open.

jv

Thanks, works great on my 760.

Climbs cell towers
    I highly recommend the HTC dialer. There are a few skins around for CDMA phones... the one I'm using is "Matte Black". I posted about here somewhere.

-Richard
    I'm at Dr. Johnson's office for a dental appointment.

i tried the iphone theme and it causes stability issues....sometimes it locks during a phone call if you press any of the front numeric keys which it then needs a soft reset in order to hang up....i tried several times to get it to work but finally uninstalled it!
    I want the storm and I want it now!