+ Reply to Thread

HTC Commanger and Wireless

Does anyone know the devicename path for the comm manager to control the wireless adapter? If you go to HKLM\software\htc\commmanager\wlan\ it is showing the device name for the HTC Touch. I need to figure out what the Device name path is supposed to be. I can't find it for the life of me!!!

jv

The wifi interface name on my i760 is SWLD25SP1. Changing the DeviceName key to "{98C5250D-C29A-4985-AE5F-AFE5367E5006}\SWLD25SP1" allows the comm manager to correctly start and stop wifi on my device. (The portion in the {} brackets should be there already, just change everything after that.)

That did it! Thanks! I thought I had it, but I removed the {} portion....

jv

Now if I could only figure out why my fonts are wierd this app would be great!

jv

Hmmm, my fonts are fine….
    What version of the comm manager are you using? I've experimented with a few different ones (6 square buttons, 6 rectangular buttons, 8 buttons, 10 buttons, etc), but, so far, I like the version I have attached the best.

edit: I can't attach the file for some reason You can find the version I usehere
    Last edited by whirlwind; 12-05-2007 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post
    The wifi interface name on my i760 is SWLD25SP1. Changing the DeviceName key to "{98C5250D-C29A-4985-AE5F-AFE5367E5006}\SWLD25SP1" allows the comm manager to correctly start and stop wifi on my device. (The portion in the {} brackets should be there already, just change everything after that.)
    i dont have that string under htc/commnager. where is it?

nevermind. i just downloaded the 10 button and now it is in there.

however now when i click on the wireless plugin on the today screen it does not take me to the comm manager like the 8 button install did. any way to get that function back?
    Last edited by tom108; 12-05-2007 at 03:14 PM.

tom108,

I'm not sure what you are refering to. When you installed the previous comm manager, did it modify the default samsung wireless plugin to point to the comm manager instead? If so, can you send me the cab and I will take a look into it...

Quote Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post
    tom108,

I'm not sure what you are refering to. When you installed the previous comm manager, did it modify the default samsung wireless plugin to point to the comm manager instead? If so, can you send me the cab and I will take a look into it...
    thats it exactly. it was this cab. mfrazzz_CommManager_8button_wizard.cab
    found here. Usefull tips for your new official wm6 - xda-developers

got it working, use mfrazzz_CommManager_8button_wizard.cab
    found here. Usefull tips for your new official wm6 - xda-developers

then get this reg file that i created. here WLAN.zip

unzip and copy the WLAN reg file over to your device into your mydocuments. then on your phone navigate to the file and execute it to import it. you will now be able to use your todayscreen wireless plugin and when you tap it it will open to your Comm Mannager. i also changed the string so the wireless part works for the i760.

still have issue with fonts.... No matter what version I install. I also can not delete the fonts in the fonts folder.......

jv

Confused. I downloaded the mfrazz Cab and the WLAN.Reg file. installed the Cab but could not find any of the reg entries listed above, nor did I install the .reg file. (I only see Local/SW/HTC/CommMgr/0,1,2,3,4 etc.)

But, everything works like a charm and I love it.

Heck, I am getting on a plane in a couple of hours, just so I can press the plane button.

Quote Originally Posted by askme233 View Post
    Confused. I downloaded the mfrazz Cab and the WLAN.Reg file. installed the Cab but could not find any of the reg entries listed above, nor did I install the .reg file. (I only see Local/SW/HTC/CommMgr/0,1,2,3,4 etc.)

But, everything works like a charm and I love it.

Heck, I am getting on a plane in a couple of hours, just so I can press the plane button.
    only install the reg file if you want your verizon wireless today plugin to jump to the htc comm manager when you tap it. to install the reg file just move it to your device and click it. this will install the wlan entries needed.

Is there a trick to get into WLAN settings? When I click on the settings then wlan it does nothing.... I am still using JUVS 6button comm manager....

jv

To get get the wireless icon in the commanager to connect to Wifi, make these new entries in your reg if you do not have them:

Make this new folder: HKLM\software\htc\commmanager\WLAN\
    In that "WLAN" folder add these 2 new string values:
    Value name: Default
    Value Data: \Windows\AlpsWLAN.exe

Value name: DeviceName
    Value Data: {98C5250D-C29A-4985-AE5F-AFE5367E5006}\SWLD25SP1

This worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja4Hire View Post
    To get get the wireless icon in the commanager to connect to Wifi, make these new entries in your reg if you do not have them:

Make this new folder: HKLM\software\htc\commmanager\WLAN\
    In that "WLAN" folder add these 2 new string values:
    Value name: Default
    Value Data: \Windows\AlpsWLAN.exe

Value name: DeviceName
    Value Data: {98C5250D-C29A-4985-AE5F-AFE5367E5006}\SWLD25SP1

This worked for me.
    Would you mind giving a bit more detail for those of us who are bit less technologically savvy. I'm assuming you are placing these files into the phones registry but exactly where do you place them?