+ Reply to Thread

Noise Cancellation...

I've read several reviews and they note the i760 has a good noise cancellation feature. Mine, on the other hand, does not. If I crack the window going down the road the other party hears it very, very well. They can hear pretty much everything going on around me. They say it's pretty loud too.

Does anyone else have this issue with their i760? If not, I may need to exchange this one.

Can you provide any links that describe the i760's "good noise cancellation?" AFAIK, the i760 does not have any noise cancellation, nor do most phones available publicly.

Certain headsets provide passive/active noise cancellation if that's what you're referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by buxleyp View Post
    Can you provide any links that describe the i760's "good noise cancellation?" AFAIK, the i760 does not have any noise cancellation, nor do most phones available publicly.

Certain headsets provide passive/active noise cancellation if that's what you're referring to.
    My old moto e815 had excellent background noise cancellation. My girlfriends Q also has good noise cancellation.

5th paragraph
    Windows Mobile Devices Get Better - Samsung SCH-i760: Full Review - Reviews by PC Magazine

3rd paragraph
    Best Ever Gadget Blog: Samsung SCH-i760: Maximize Your Mobile Productivity

My 760 apparently has little, if any.

Both links are either from the same writer, or it looks like the blog in your second link plagiarized from the PC Magazine review. Or vice versa.

In any case, I too came from a Motorola e815, and while the ear piece quality (what I hear from the phone) is not as good, I've been told that my voice quality (what others hear from me) is the same if not better.

Perhaps the microphone placement on the i760 make it more susceptible to wind than other phones. However, my i760 picks up just as much wind noise as my old e815. Neither to my knowledge have active "noise cancellation" in the sense that some headsets or headphones provide.

If you're convinced your phone is defective, you can always take a small pocket fan with you to the store and try out the floor models. Hope you get it resolved.