+ Reply to Thread
    Hobby of the week-aholic

Verizon merits program

Wasn't sure which forum would be most suitable for this question but this is the one I frequent most so here goes:

I only just became aware of the merits program from a short mention of it in another thread. I have been a Verizon (formerly PrimeCo) customer for about 11 years. I meet all of the qualifications listed in the FAQ at https://merits.vzw.com/FAQ.aspx

So my question is do you have to be "chosen" to join as the FAQ suggests with it's first question in the qualifications section of the FAQ suggests? Or can you simply sign up if you qualify?

I just went through the sign-up process and it allowed me to sign up just fine. Would it have rejected me if I did not meet the minimum requirements or was not "chosen"?

My next question is regarding the "early upgrade" every 12 months. Is this the same as NE2 but only one year? Does this mean you get $100 off a new phone every 12 months instead of 24? Or does this mean you get the current "contract price" for a new phone without any additional discounts?

I can't believe I've been a qualifying customer for so long and have NEVER had a single verizon rep mention this program.

I know I could ask a verizon rep these questions but it's 2 a.m. and I'm laying in bed with my laptop so I figured I'd ask here for now.

thanks

I had never heard of the Merits program either. Have had all the qualifications for years. Went to sign up and got message "your account doesn't qualify". Called Verizon, rep said I did qualify and didn't understand why I was getting message..... She went off for a minute and when she came back, she said Verizon was not accepting any new members in the program! What's up with that??

Thats the same message I got last night when I tryed to join the program and I have had Verizon for 3 years.

IIRC, This program was discontinued at the end of 2006 or middle of 2007. Page is still there though.

Usually you have to be in good standing for about 3 months and have a voice plan that I think is above the $80 mark. Others would probably know better. You do qualify and do not have to be selected, unless the rules have changed.

Yea, Merits is dead - really didn't get that "sweet" of deals anyway.

I just signed up!? Also got the $20 off and used it to order the desktop cradle. Total was $21.75 after tax with free shipping.
    converging can be hard...

Then got the email below. Wierd. We'll see if I get charged and/or if anything comes in the mail...

EQUIPMENT CHARGES: (accessory for Samsung SCH-i760)1 Desktop Charger (1) $19.99

MONTHLY PLAN BILL CHARGES:Total recurring monthly access & service charges: $0.00

Total one-time charge on your first monthly bill: FREE

Due now: Detail of total charges to be billed to credit card
    Discount Amount: -$19.99
    Subtotal: $0.00
    Tax*: $0.00
    Shipping: FREE
    Total charges to be billed to credit card: $0.00

SERVICE ACTIVATION FEES:Activation Fee: $0.00
    converging can be hard...

I wasn't aware the merits was dead. It used to be that when you signed up you got a free accessory, so that may be why you did not get charged.

I just talked to a data tech with Verizon last night and she seemed to think that the program was still running.

I bought a car charger yesterday and received my merits discount....and this was from a brick & mortar VzW store.
    Jeremiah 29:11

Unhappy Verizon email told me Merits is frozen

got this email in Sep when i tried to sign up on-line and got the error msg:

My name is Lee, I appreciate your interest in our Merits Program, and I would like to assist you with the information that you need. Unfortunately, Verizon Wireless is no longer accepting new enrollees to our Merits Program. This program was discontinued earlier this year. I would like to apologize to you for the inconvenience. We appreciate your business and thank you for using Verizon Wireless products and services. Should you have additional questions or concerns, please reply to this e-mail.
    Sincerely, Lee
    Verizon WirelessCustomer Service

last night i tried to setup that program and it wouldnt allow me. so i called in and they said i ALREADY had it?! So i got them to give me 25% off of the cradle charger..

Hobby of the week-aholic
    Quote Originally Posted by ste_bran View Post
    got this email in Sep when i tried to sign up on-line and got the error msg:

My name is Lee, I appreciate your interest in our Merits Program, and I would like to assist you with the information that you need. Unfortunately, Verizon Wireless is no longer accepting new enrollees to our Merits Program. This program was discontinued earlier this year. I would like to apologize to you for the inconvenience. We appreciate your business and thank you for using Verizon Wireless products and services. Should you have additional questions or concerns, please reply to this e-mail.
    Sincerely, Lee
    Verizon WirelessCustomer Service
    This is the email I got last night when I signed up:

Thank you for registering in the Verizon Wireless Merits program.

We appreciate your business and hope you enjoy all the benefits that come with being a Verizon Wireless Merits Program member.

You will be able to keep up with the latest in wireless technology with the early equipment upgrade available every 12 months, get a free address book transfer anytime you change equipment, receive 25% off accessories anytime online or in our Verizon Wireless Stores, and receive various online benefits.

Enjoy Your Merits Program Rewards Now by logging in to www.verizonwireless.com/merits. Your log in information is noted below.

When it was reported that the program was discontinued, there used to be a line on the sign-up screen saying that it was or would be discontinued as of XX date (I forget what). That line is no longer there, so maybe they revived it for people who were unhappy to see it go.