+ Reply to Thread

Stream Music to car via Bluetooth - Satechi Transmitter

I want to stream my music to my car stereo and thought this would be a good option. Has anyone used this with the i760? The reason i ask is because i called the company and they said there might be glitches using windows 6.0.

here is the link if anyone is interested:

Bluetooth Handsfree Fm Transmitter for Car Stereo (A2DP Compatible) | Satechi - Bluetooth Handsfree Fm Transmitter for Car Stereo (A2DP Compatible)

here is a demo of it on youtube.

YouTube - Bluetooth Stereo A2DP Hands-Free Fm Transmitter Car Kit

This looks great. I wonder however if the "multiple bluetooth devices not connecting" issue would require me to manually reconnect between the Satechi and my Plantronics 855 headset.

Here is the discussion (a sticky): Multiple Bluetooth devices not auto reconnecting
    i760 (i730 upgrader)

i do not have experience with that specific receiver but i have tried it with the scosche ubr and the sony bluetooth receiver/transmitter. the scosche is a better unit but it has a significant drawback which might be an issue with your receiver as well. the scosche will disconnect during a pause > 10 seconds and require a manual reconnect thru the bluetooth menu. this is because the i760 and/or wm6 stops the bluetooth stream during pause, the receiver then disconnects during this pause and the reconnect problem then becomes an issue. the sony doesn't seem to have that problem.

i use the scosche DIY....it works great as far sound goes....I just have to reconnect it every time i get in the car...which is phone related and not scosche device related...it plugs into the cigarette lighter and is really small....You have to have a line in jack on your stereo for it to work tho...here is a link to it...

Scosche DIY bluetooth reciever
    I want the storm and I want it now!

i saw the scosche, nice product, but i dont think i have a line in jack in my car stereo. but thanks for the info! steve, which sony transmitter are you talking about? do you have a model number?

check it out here
    Amazon.com: Sony HWSBTA2W - Bluetooth wireless audio transmitter: Electronics

it also requires an aux input. it can double as a transmitter. need to buy a dc adapter with it. does not disconnect during pause.

Quote Originally Posted by rynoondew View Post
    i use the scosche DIY....it works great as far sound goes....I just have to reconnect it every time i get in the car...which is phone related and not scosche device related...it plugs into the cigarette lighter and is really small....You have to have a line in jack on your stereo for it to work tho...here is a link to it...

Scosche DIY bluetooth reciever

curious if your scosche disconnects during a stop or pause > 10 seconds. (i realize this is an i760 issue not a scosche issue)

thanks! so this is jus a general bluetooth receiver/transmitter, not built specifically for cars, correct? do you know if it will automatically detect when i bring my phone near it? the reason i ask is because i want to know if i have to manually connect it every time i get in my car.

it should automatically connect, it doesn't due to i760 issues. hopefully that will be fixed in the future with a samsung rom update. i have mapped the bluetooth connection process (the stylus taps) to a macro recorder app (vito button recorder). i.e. with a long tap of the voice command button the bluetooth menu is opened, the sony is selected, wireless stereo selected, etc.)

great, i think i'll go with the sony, thanks for the input!!

Quote Originally Posted by steve h View Post
    it should automatically connect, it doesn't due to i760 issues. hopefully that will be fixed in the future with a samsung rom update. i have mapped the bluetooth connection process (the stylus taps) to a macro recorder app (vito button recorder). i.e. with a long tap of the voice command button the bluetooth menu is opened, the sony is selected, wireless stereo selected, etc.)
    How well does this work? If the macro reliably switches bluetooth it may be a work-around to the whole problem

it works pretty well, but the entire vito app is not as good as the other button mappers. i.e. you can only map to about 6 of the 760's buttons or so. you can map to a long or short tap. what i have done is use the macro stylus tap recorder to map connecting by bluetooth headset with a short button push to the vc,start button and use the long button tap of the same button to connect to the wireless stereo receiver. basically what you see on screen is stylus taps activating the bluetooth menus. you have to manually record these taps on the screen and then the app memorizes the location of your taps and recreates them at the tap of one single button.

Quote Originally Posted by steve h View Post
    curious if your scosche disconnects during a stop or pause > 10 seconds. (i realize this is an i760 issue not a scosche issue)
    no it keeps connected continually....unless i get out of range it stays there....I am using wmp mobile...
    I want the storm and I want it now!

Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    This may be another option:
    Parrot - Parrot PMK5800 - Plug & Play Bluetooth hands free kit with FM transmitter

I haven’t tried it yet.

Mark

Bluetooth and Vito

Thanks, Steve H

But do the other button mappers have the ability to make these kind of macros?

If not, Vito must be the best current answer to the bluetooth problem!
    Last edited by avoider03; 12-11-2007 at 07:10 PM. Reason: mistake

I looked quickly at the other apps and did not see the same ability with a macro function. Honestly though I have not tried anything else. The actual recording of the stylus tapping is a bit of a pain but it really works. There is a free trial and I think the program is only $5 or so.