+ Reply to Thread

SoftKey Behavior

I am getting some strange behavior out of my softkeys. I am sure it is related to software I have installed. I am wondering if anybody else is having this behavior.

I have the following software installed.

WisBar Advanced 3
    WisBAr Advanced Desktop
    Spb Pocket Shell
    Spb Phone Tools

Here is the behavior. The hardware buttons that correspond to the softkeys on the screen perform different functions from the softkeys themselves. I told WisBar Adv 3 to control the right softkey by bringing up the Spb Menu. The hard button brings up the menu but the soft button on the screen brings up the default WM6 menu Contacts, Call History etc.

This is not necessarily bad because it kind of gives you 2 extra buttons, I just don't want it to cause instability down the road.

Any Thoughts?

Thanks
    Charles

Bad Verizon, No Cookie!
    I looked at my buttons settings. I don't have any software that remaps any buttons loaded. I do have phonealarm, memmaid, google maps,IM+, Sprite Backup and pocket informant loaded. I see Two extra buttons listed without numbers. Both were set to context menus even though the settings panel will not allow that. Had to do a soft reset to keep the original settings to be sure I wasn't going to mess anything up.

I did a hard reset and they are not listed.
    Touch Pro 2 - 6.1 Stock ROM - Verizon Wireless

Bad Verizon, No Cookie!
    Removed the Registry Keys for the extra buttons. I haven't seen any problems yet. I removed a lot of trial programs I added one at a time that I didn't need after all. System seems stable if not then I got backups and programs to start fresh.
    Touch Pro 2 - 6.1 Stock ROM - Verizon Wireless