+ Reply to Thread

cancel password?

Last hard reset, I decided to require a password on startup. Is there any way to change/cancel that without another hard reset?

Should be no big deal if I have to HR since I have backups after each new software install. But I'm curious if I can do that without the HR.

Also, do the backups preserve the custom settings in WM6? (speed dials, etc.)? I haven't had to restore yet and am curious how the restore function works (using Sprite Lite).

I have been trying to figure out the same thing. Don't know how to change the lock timeout either.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundevil View Post
    I have been trying to figure out the same thing. Don't know how to change the lock timeout either.
    Well, I did a HR and restored from my backup... but as expected, it also restored my security settings which I wanted to delete. Looks like the only way to get rid of it is start all over from the beginning.

On your second issue, I believe what you're looking for is Start/Settings/Lock. You can enable/disable the lock timeout there.

... hmm. Playing with the lock and disabling the timeout lock also seems to have deleted the startup lock that I was trying to get rid of. Interesting.