+ Reply to Thread

Question WeatherPanel and Radar images

I have WeatherPanel running and all is good except I can't seem to get the Radar to work, I have chosen NA-USA-OH, it has the little dropdown but the screen is just empty with a partly cloudy sky backround. Can anyone help me with the config of this?

Brian

more or less the link is dead. I live in Florida. There are two choices in Florida and I can only use one of them. Unfortunately, weatherpanel is the best weather software out but is not being supported anymore.

Search for weatherpanel skins and you'll be amazed on what you find. I was!!!

In the drop down pull any of the ones that end in 2 (i.e., NA - USA - CO 2) and then go to the url and change the end from co_ to oh_ (for Ohio) or fl_ for Florida. Those are the accuweather radar screens and they all work. A few (California and ??) are split into more than one screen so, for instance, for California the you would change co_ to cas (southern CA), cac (central) or can (northern). Hope this helps. - sheureka
    Do good. Be kind. Have fun.

You can use whatever URLs from whatever source you want. The easiest thing to do is to pull radars.txt out of the folder WP is installed to (/Program Files/MarsWare/WeatherPanel, IIRC) onto your PC. You can edit it as you like and pop it back in place. Or you can just make the changes manually through the application. I went on my computer to AccuWeather and weather.com and found what I want, put together a radars.txt file and moved it to the device, and then the drop down had the images I wanted.

I have it working now, all of your suggestions helped me.
    THANK YOU!