+ Reply to Thread

disabling the "dialing #777" notification when opening IE?

i searched but couldnt find anything about how to get rid of the little notification everytime i open my browser that says "dialing #777" etc.

anyway to stop that from popping up?

there most definately is a way. I know cuz I turned mine off. Now, if I could only remember heh.

Settings - Sounds & Notifications - Scroll down to "Connection Established" and tweak away.

cool thanks, cant believe i didnt find that before.

now i wonder if theres a way to get the on screen keyboard to stop opening as soon as i open IE

Quote Originally Posted by stylin97 View Post
    now i wonder if theres a way to get the on screen keyboard to stop opening as soon as i open IE
    I don't know why it's doing that! Mine only comes on when I tap the icon.

But while trying to duplicate the behavior, something I did (I was switching input methods) caused it to start doing it. To get it to stop, I had to select another input method, and then soft reset. Now the onscreen keyboard is back to showing up only when I tap on its icon.

I'm new to all this, but I think the phone remembers your last setting for the screen popping up. If you close IE with the keyboard open, it will open the next time. If you close the keyboard before closing IE it doesn't pop up when you open it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin12265 View Post
    I'm new to all this, but I think the phone remembers your last setting for the screen popping up. If you close IE with the keyboard open, it will open the next time. If you close the keyboard before closing IE it doesn't pop up when you open it again.
    Sorry, but I just tried this, and it doesn't work that way on my phone.

In fact, though, you're partly correct, because after I opened PIE and activated the on-screen keyboard, and then exited PIE, the keyboard popped up automatically every time I re-opened PIE.

But, when I closed the on-screen keyboard, and then exited PIE, the keyboard still opened the next time I opened PIE.

It seems that I could only correct the situation and make the i760 remember that I wanted the keyboard off after a soft-reset.

Darn - sorry it didn't work. Was worth a shot. (damn those newbies {me} trying to help out... )