+ Reply to Thread

Finally a Samsunbg with correct dialing

I have been using a Samsung I730 for the last two years and have genearlly like it, but it was lascking in a larger keyboard and the dialing that would find contacts for you.

I just got a I760. At least now the keyboard is in the right direction and the phone pad dialing searches your contacts for you.

But there are a few other flaws:

No belt clip. I hate cases since I've had phones fly out running across the street and cases are too bulky.

USB cable does not charge! Major flaw in my book. I want to sync and charge at the same time. I could do that with my I730. Looks like i need to buy a desk stand as well. Idiotic to have USB cable that doesn't charge.

Other features:
    Unlike the I730 you can really turn the phone off and save the battery. The I730 was forever turning itself back on and running the battery down when traveling.

yes you can just turn the phone off... and you can buy a sync cable that also charges

there is a link for those somewhere around here, and it is much cheaper than the cradle

KInd of dumb to include a data only cable. Much rahter have data/Charge USB cable than a wall charger.

Also a belt clip. Had to go hunt down both options to make the phone usable.

I think Samsung(Vzw) must be have had some change in their marketing philosophy with this phone... the i730 came with ALL kinds of nice accessories...charge/sync cradle, stereo headphones, extra styli, everything you would need for your office. With this I feel like they dumbed down the included accessories like it was a Treo. And they want to milk you for what most consider standard equipment.. just make me want to say hmmm.
    Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Quote Originally Posted by MGuzzy View Post
    I think Samsung(Vzw) must be have had some change in their marketing philosophy with this phone... the i730 came with ALL kinds of nice accessories...charge/sync cradle, stereo headphones, extra styli, everything you would need for your office. With this I feel like they dumbed down the included accessories like it was a Treo. And they want to milk you for what most consider standard equipment.. just make me want to say hmmm.
    Mark
    I paid $200.00 less for my i760 than I did for my i730. ...maybe due to different plan issues; but those extra accessories in the i730 weren't worth $200.00.
    i760 (i730 upgrader)

Finding contacts from phone dialing wasn't based off the phone, but the software...if I recall correctly, if you updated your phone to WM5, it then had that feature.