+ Reply to Thread
    jlh

i760 with a VCast plan?

I'm a new Verizon customer, still within my "switch phones" option.

Currently I have a Samsung SCH-u740 with the Vcast $15 per month plan so that I can have unlimited mobile web.

Does anyone know that if I decide to replace the 740 with a 760, can I stay on the Vcast plan, even though the 760 is not Vcast-capable? I would do this so that I wouldn't have to get the more expensive data plan.

Thank you

Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jlh View Post
    I'm a new Verizon customer, still within my "switch phones" option.

Currently I have a Samsung SCH-u740 with the Vcast $15 per month plan so that I can have unlimited mobile web.

Does anyone know that if I decide to replace the 740 with a 760, can I stay on the Vcast plan, even though the 760 is not Vcast-capable? I would do this so that I wouldn't have to get the more expensive data plan.

Thank you
    No you cant. You will need to get a data plan if you want to use the broad band capabilities of this device. Dont forget that there is wifi also with this device.

jlh
    Thank you, Mark.

I was afraid that was the answer. The wifi capabilities are nice, and I would use them, but I ~need~ to have web access all the time.

yeah you are like me... i am keeping the data for 4 months so I can keep the ADD but after that I will solely use wifi because of price.

I wish verizon would have a 100meg a month for $15 or something

i hate that you either go unlimited data or nothing.

That is just making everyone sign for for 9000 minutes a month despite how many minutes you actually use.

jlh
    Guess I'll have to learn to appreciate my 740. I would be a lot happier with it if it just had the video quality of the LG Chocolate while using the web.

Just my two cents but you have better web access with the i-760 then with a regular phone with VCast.

Quote Originally Posted by robgora View Post
    Just my two cents but you have better web access with the i-760 then with a regular phone with VCast.
    Right-on! I had Vcast for two years. Mobile web 2 "Brew" browser really sucks compared to PIE with PIEplus, not to mention Opera (gotta try that someday). I used the Vcast video downloads a few times but they weren't worth the effort. I guess I'm now a mobile broadband junkie. I thought I would use WiFi more than I do. The convenience of being able to do it all-no matter where I am (as long as there's EVDO, which is just about anywhere I go. ) is worth my $79.95 unlimited data plus 450 minutes voice per month. Got my wife on a voice only plan for $20 / month--50 minutes. She only carries the thing for emergencies.

the i760 doesn't have VCast...I thanked god when I heard that knowing that my new phone wouldn't be cluttered with that crap