+ Reply to Thread

PhoneAlarm Question

Searched, briefly....quick question for those that may know. Had PA on my i730, worked fine. DL'd trial to my i760, couldn't get curser to do anything but highlight the 'home' picture...on and off and on and off.

Anyways, purchased PA today...same problem. Won't allow me to move curser over anything but the stupid house. Am I missing something, is there a setting that will permit scrolling over missed calls, VM's, mssg's, etc...

Also have DL'd SPB Pocket Plus, Weather to Go (which won't bring up Atlanta, btw)...really nothing else.

Any help, thanks.

i love this forum lol i can't answer your question but i never realized you could curser over to missed calls,voice mail,etc. i always found myself trying to push the tiny buttons with my fingers or pulling out my stylus.thanks for the tip!

Thanks for the reply, but was trying to avoid calling a customer service rep in freakin' India and trying to decipher the dialog as he 'helped' me with the issue...

Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    i love this forum lol i can't answer your question but i never realized you could curser over to missed calls,voice mail,etc. i always found myself trying to push the tiny buttons with my fingers or pulling out my stylus.thanks for the tip!
    How funny that such a small tid-bit of information can make someone so excited. Gotta love it!

To answer your question. I'd uninstall and try again. I'm sure by now you might have already tried that but worth mentioning
    www.861.info
    www.freedomtofascism.com

Been there, done that...even with the trial version. Geesh I hate calling India and talking to either push-start or pull-start....

MatthiasII
    Pretty sure pA is just handled by one guy... and not in India. I would check pA's forums or email him directly, he is usually pretty awesome about helping out and getting back to you.

The current version of pA (1.63, I believe) works fine for me. I can use the D-pad to cursor over all the modules. Perhaps it is the skin you are using. Try using a different skin and see whether that works.

As MathiasII mentioned, pA is developed by one guy, Bruce. He happens to provide excellent support. Just sent an e-mail to him at support@pocketmax.net. Be sure to include a copy of your log (if you haven't enabled logging in pA, do that first). Also, check out PocketMax's support site.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

Different skins are definitely set up better for dpad navigation then others. Some I have tried would not let me get to certain buttons. Others have the sequence out of whack, but you can get to them all. Try a different skin (easy to download and set up), and that should solve the problem (or edit the one you are using - more difficult).

Changing skins fixed it...thanks for your help. Just wish the skin that showed battery state in %'s worked...

Quote Originally Posted by ProRef View Post
    Changing skins fixed it...thanks for your help. Just wish the skin that showed battery state in %'s worked...
    You can edit the skin file and take the Nav_Order from the skin that works over to the skin that dont work, or adjust to taste. Edit with notepad on PC and copy back to phoneAlarm folder.

Francois