+ Reply to Thread

Samsung w/ games

hey,
    I have the samsung i760i and i was wondering if anyone has installed any good games on it. I have to ride in a car with my grandpa from burlington,vt to san jose, ca and back in the upcoming weeks. It is going to be a long trip and i ma going to need something to keep me a little busy. I was wondering if you knew of any emulators for like n64 or sega or even like gameboy or something. please let me know what you guys think. thanks for your help.

Registered User/Squirrel Master sdittmar's Avatar
    Try these:

Question for People that NES Emulators on Their Phone...

Games that work

- FPSEce - The Playstation Emulator For Your Pocket PC

Also look for Pocket Nester (Nintendo emulator), GNU Boy (Gameboy emulator) and also PC MAME (arcade game emulator)
    Last edited by sdittmar; 12-07-2007 at 08:19 PM.
    The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

Hey Kanss- without trying to sound too preachy here, forget about your phone and focus on what a unique opportunity you have to learn as much as you can about your grandad, the times he's lived in, and part of what makes you who you are.

I made a similar trip with my grandfather when I was 15, and the things I learned about growing up in the early 20th century, World War II and his take on the 60s (mind you, this was about 1975, and we were definitely recovering from the 60s in a very strange and extravagant decade of polyester and disco) have stayed with me long after his passing, and they've become the fodder of many a story told to my kids. At any rate, enjoy your trip- be in the "here and now" of the moment as much as you can, but if those silent moments of long higway mileage lead you to some cool games you be sure to come back and tell us about them. Bon voyage...

Quote Originally Posted by Gasmeister View Post
    Hey Kanss- without trying to sound too preachy here, forget about your phone and focus on what a unique opportunity you have to learn as much as you can about your grandad, the times he's lived in, and part of what makes you who you are.

I made a similar trip with my grandfather when I was 15, and the things I learned about growing up in the early 20th century, World War II and his take on the 60s (mind you, this was about 1975, and we were definitely recovering from the 60s in a very strange and extravagant decade of polyester and disco) have stayed with me long after his passing, and they've become the fodder of many a story told to my kids. At any rate, enjoy your trip- be in the "here and now" of the moment as much as you can, but if those silent moments of long higway mileage lead you to some cool games you be sure to come back and tell us about them. Bon voyage...
    I don't mean to sound too preachy either....but learn to multitask

anyone find a good nes emulator?

i tried pocket nester plus but it doesn't run the roms

Pocket Nester works fine for me, your ROMs might be bad. The first set of ROMs I had didn't work.

the playstation emulator works pretty good..around 45 fps on it. Ridge Racer is damn fun on it

thanks for all the advice.

I installed pocket nester and i think it is very good.

I looked at the playstation emulator, but i couldnt find an install file, so i just tried moving it into the programs directory on my phone, and the phone started going crazy, I did a hard reset and got all my other info back on there. does anyone know a good way to install this program? also does anyone know a good place to get some roms?

I believe the exe is the executable on the phone, i made a shortcut in my programs folder and that worked fine.
    There is also a ripper on that site so you can create iso backups from your PS1 discs. It is illegal to pass around ROMs, as you're only able to create them to be a backup for your already existing collection. But, I'm sure if you search around enough someone somewhere is hosting them. I honestly have no hints as to where that somewhere might be.
    Last edited by sdittmar; 12-09-2007 at 06:09 PM.

I tried just copying over all of the files to the my documents and then starting it up and that didnt work. nothing ever happend. do you think i am missing something?

all the folders, in the zip file they gave me are empty and i feel like they should have something in them, could this be a problem?

any chance there is a sega emulator for the pocket pc

for the ps1 emulator you have to compress the ps1 roms so theyre alot smaller

Quote Originally Posted by kansurr View Post
    all the folders, in the zip file they gave me are empty and i feel like they should have something in them, could this be a problem?
    They are empty because to distribute the BIOS files or ISOs for games would be illegal. There are tools you can use to get the BIOS from your PS1 and to rip an ISO of the games, and of course to the determined I'm sure they exist somewhere online as well. The games can be ISO or EXE files. You need a BIOS as well as a game as ISO or EXE to be able to play. You can find some homebrew games online as well, which may be freeware and therefore not illegal.

any chance there is a sega emulator for the pocket pc
    There is a PocketGenesis. You can look through this for an idea of at least some of what exists in the emulators arena. Some of the links don't work, though, so you might have to search elsewhere for the actual install file...and if they aren't easily found it's possible they wont work on WM6 and whatnot, but worth a shot.
    FreewarePPC.com - Freeware Pocket PC / Freeware Windows Mobile: Utilities: Emulators

I tried just copying over all of the files to the my documents and then starting it up and that didnt work. nothing ever happend. do you think i am missing something?
    Try closing out all of your apps so you can make sure that it's not just a matter of having too little memory available to start the emulator.

how can i get the bios off of my playstation? am i going to need some kind of crazy device or soemthing or can you do it thru your computer some how?

I installed the pocket genesis the other day and it didn't really work the way i expected. has anyone installed this on the i760? when i try to use it i get it and it looks like there are three of everything and you cant really read anything. Also there seems to be know way of closing it.