+ Reply to Thread

Problems sending MMS and storage

Hey all,

I'm having a problem sending MMS messages. Everytime I try to send one it came up with an error that says "1 of 1 message(s) could not be sent! (Message Delivery Failed).

Prior to this I had a Threaded SMS application that had a different interface of the MMS and each time I tried to send it through that it would say there was not enough room to perform that task.

So I checked to see how much room I had and I was close to 3 mb which confused me because I only installed Opera and that Threaded SMS program. I then came on here and read a thread that MMS gets broken when you put a threaded SMS application on the phone. So I removed it along with some other stuff that I could find or move over to my storage card.

After I removed the Threaded SMS program I now get the message I quoted above.

The phone says I have 14.91 MB free which is odd considering I don't have anything installed except for Opera. Should I do a hard reset on the phone to see if that clears up my MMS problem and also my storage problem?

Quote Originally Posted by xavious85 View Post
    Hey all,

I'm having a problem sending MMS messages. Everytime I try to send one it came up with an error that says "1 of 1 message(s) could not be sent! (Message Delivery Failed).

Prior to this I had a Threaded SMS application that had a different interface of the MMS and each time I tried to send it through that it would say there was not enough room to perform that task.

So I checked to see how much room I had and I was close to 3 mb which confused me because I only installed Opera and that Threaded SMS program. I then came on here and read a thread that MMS gets broken when you put a threaded SMS application on the phone. So I removed it along with some other stuff that I could find or move over to my storage card.

After I removed the Threaded SMS program I now get the message I quoted above.

The phone says I have 14.91 MB free which is odd considering I don't have anything installed except for Opera. Should I do a hard reset on the phone to see if that clears up my MMS problem and also my storage problem?

Did you apply any of the tweaks to fix the MMS issue that comes up when using SMS threaded? If so those changes are not undone by an uninstall and youll either need to manually back those out or hard reset.
    Thanks
    - Andrew - PDAPhoneHome.com

I never installed a fix to have MMS on the threaded SMS program...unless it came with one maybe? Not sure.

Anyways, if I have to resort to a hard reset anything I should keep in mind? Back up my contacts for sure but anything else I might be forgetting?

Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xavious85 View Post
    I never installed a fix to have MMS on the threaded SMS program...unless it came with one maybe? Not sure.

Anyways, if I have to resort to a hard reset anything I should keep in mind? Back up my contacts for sure but anything else I might be forgetting?
    No if you are syncing with outlook then you don't have to back anything up.
    Just do the hard reset.

Then sync with outlook and you are good to go.

Try to stay away from adding any 3rd part SW for a few days and see how the device works before you install anything else.

Good luck

Mark

Well the hard reset worked. I wonder what the problem was though.

I find this is happening to me too, and in my instance it seems to be PhoneAlarm. I haven't searched around too much to see why its happening, but, if anyone has a clue you can send it my way!

I fixed my issue without a complete hard reset. I dont know exactly what caused it but I know it was the Pocketmax Phone Alarm Pro install. All I had to do was edit my broadband connection and tap Next > Next > Finish. Once I did that the broadband connection started working again and I could send MMS messages.